SASS Wire Forum

a positive side effect of mom being here

Trigger Mike

My wife was never a good house keeper, but once she got cancer 6 years ago she got into the habit of napping nearly every morning after breakfast and every afternoon after lunch so the house stayed in disarray with 4 children.  Now that my mom lives at the end of the driveway she still naps but the common areas stay relatively clean now.  

My mom is still the clean freak she has been from my youth.  My wife knows this and knows she is subject to come visit at any time.  Right now she has been too busy organizing her own house, but give it time.  

oh , the unexpected results of the changes in life - i thought menopause would kill us but alas i fear there are other experiences yet to come , best of luck and please enjoy every day that she is around , i miss mine 

Nuthin gets a house clean as fast as company. My wife was a stay at home mom for 25 years. The house was spotless -all the time. Now it's up to us since she went back to work. We give it a shot.

9 months after I married my first wife she went blind. Thus most everything fell into my hands like the cleaning up and of course cooking. At my age of 36 she died in my arms. Re-married and this one was ok on cleaning but did her best and was fine with me. Married 31 years and a few years ago she had a stroke and personality did a 180. Believed I was out to murder her and to the point she told people it was a conspiracy I made with her parents to murder her before we were married 32 years ago. We are now divorced. I was always a cleaning freak so now the place is not cluttered. Live alone and really miss her just like I missed the first one. Life really sucks.

Man, some of you folks have had more than your share of bad times.  I hope that changes for the better.

I've been married 44 years to my first love.  Both of us like a clean house, but things sometimes happen that get in the way of perfection - kids, aging parents, deaths, etc.

What I did not plan for was my own declining health; I can't accomplish half of what I could do 20 years ago.  It's like someone opened a trap door beneath my feet.

LL

ill not air mine but been married almost half a century now , lets leave it that first half of life was not that great , last 30 i have been blessed so i know both sides of this coin , nothing we say ever makes it easier for those in the midst of it but offering hope and 'being there to lean on' never hurts , 

life happens , that age thing seems to creep up then leap on you , we have to do what we can and understand our limitations to be our best , 

its always nice to know there is a place to air your thinking and concerns ....i had not thought of this as that place but im getting a new perspective , 

Archived