SASS Wire Forum

Who will win?

My sympathies are with the Rays, even though I’m a National League guy. 
If the Dodgers or the Yankees are in the series, I root against them.
I hope an L.A. vs NY series never comes again. Last time was ‘81.

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My sympathies are with the Rays, even though I’m a National League guy. 
If the Dodgers or the Yankees are in the series, I root against them.
I hope an L.A. vs NY series never comes again. Last time was ‘81.

Them and St Louis.

I have to say that I was surprised.  I was kind of split on who I hoped would win. One part of me wanted LA to win to wrap it up.  Other part wanted TB to win so we would have a 7th game, which I hoped LA would win (gotta go for the home state team).

I will say that I was a bit disappointed with the game.  There didn't seem to be the intensity there was in the other games, nor as many "MAN!!! Did you see that play!" moments.  More like a board meeting playing the numbers and working out a takeover.

I think the playoff schedule, so many games back to back to back to back, took its toll on them.

This whole season was weird but congratulations to the Dodgers! They have quite a team!

I watch the Rays almost every game. My gal watches every game. Kevin Cash is prone to making (IMO) dumb decisions based upon percentages and hunch. Last night was yet another questionable call with pulling Snell. I knew that the Rays had a tall mountain to climb to beat LA but I thought that with a little luck, it might just happen. 

Congrats to LA on a great team and outstanding players. 

Congrats to the Rays on making the Series and proving that there is no "I" in team, making it to the top with a bunch of cast out and  the second to cheapest payroll in the MLB.

Looking forward to next year.

I'm a Dodger fan, thru and thru.  I bleed Dodger Blue, as they say.  Vin Scully was the voice of my childhood, and the decades after that.  

All that being said, Blake Snell seems to be one helluva pitcher!  Dodger bats have been on fire this whole championship series, and Snell sat them down like they were bad kids.  It was a great move (for me and my side) when they pulled Snell out.  If he was able to keep going (and he sure seemed like he could and wanted to), there would have been a different outcome of that game.  

Archived