SASS Wire Forum

One more try - WTB Eagle Gunfighter Grips for Ruger Bisley

Preacherman

Like it says want to buy wooden Eagle Gunfighter Grips for Ruger Bisley. Let me know what you have. I may consider Ruger factory wooden grip panels too. 

Yes, I know that they make them, however I am trying to get them for less money, thanks!!

41 minutes ago, bgavin said:

It is my understanding that all Bisely grips are the same..
I have pre-2005 (old model) Bisley Vaqueros, which they do not mention in their ad.

I called them and they said the same thing. I have been watching this thread with interest as I also have Ruger Bisleys that I think I would like Gunfighter grips for. I was hoping Preacherman would find some a let me know how he likes them! I assumed he bought some from Fireball but now I think that wasn't the case.

All Bisley grip frames are the same so all grip panels made will fit. I have 2 pairs of the Eagle Gunfighter grips now and love them. They're thin and "grippy". I have too many, but that is only what I'm wanting. I messed around too long negotiating with Fireball and someone else got 'em. Ahead we go!

8 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Does the checkering on the Eagle grips make that much of an improvement?
Just curious...

Yes, especially with sweaty hands.

Altamont makes nice checkered grips but they don't offer thinner ones like the Eagle Gunfighter. I bought a pair to try but just don't like them as well as Eagle.

Randy

Thanks, Randy

I have learned over many years of customizing and hot-rodding all sorts of stuff... that sometimes it is just better to leave it alone and learn to use it, as-is.
I'm practicing gunfighter style, but I have a feeling that Widder will circle back around to age 20 again, before I get any good at it... < grin >

Thanks for the info on sweaty hands.
Here in the Sacramento heat, that could be a real concern.
However, the Diamond Dick's shoots start at 9am, and done by 11am or so.

Everybody is right and thanks for all of your help! I may try and thin a pair of stock wood grips if this doesn't work out as I have a pair that a pard did that are pretty close. No checkering and 44-40 case head in place of the Ruger logo.

2 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Yes, especially with sweaty hands.

Altamont makes nice checkered grips but they don't offer thinner ones like the Eagle Gunfighter. I bought a pair to try but just don't like them as well as Eagle.

Randy

I wanted Eagle Gunfighter grips for my Bisleys. But they got soooo expensive I couldn't justify it. So I bought some Altamonte faux ivory checkered grips. I laid a sheet of sandpaper on my steel workbench and sanded on the back of each grip panel until I got the thickness I wanted. Turned out real nice and they fit my small hands.

JFN

Archived