SASS Wire Forum

A new family member UPDATED 11/02

J-BAR #18287

5E125A8D-26F3-4EF4-ABF7-624B92B1312C.thumb.jpeg.2c55c156aa007f388737c6648e84e3fa.jpeg

Our grandson Henry in Arkansas has seizures so a couple of years ago he ordered/qualified for a service dog from 4 Paws For Ability.  Henry’s parents  learned a few days ago that there will be a new member of the family in November after the dog and family train together for 2 weeks in Xenia, Ohio, beginning next week.   Here is a picture of the Golden Retriever that has been specifically trained for Henry over the past two years.  Comments from his trainers are heartwarming.  Several dogs are trained simultaneously for each client, in case some don't work out.  The final candidate is chosen just before placement with the family.  Each litter of service dogs has a “theme” name; meet Weird Al from the polka litter!  It’s hard to describe how excited all of us are that Al will be helping Henry.

My nephew has a seizure disorder.

Most pleased you've this new family member!

I grew up with an epileptic brother. Scary stuff for sure. Glad this is available for folks. And no dog alive beats a Golden for bringing good cheer to a house.

Welcome, Al!!

I STILL like most dogs better 'n' I like most people!!!

Good for them! Tell them that while they're in Xenia, they should make the drive north on U.S. 68 through Yellow Springs to Young's Jersey Dairy for ice cream. They also do a pretty good breakfast as well. Peach's in Yellow Springs does a darn good burger also.  I seldom make it all the way to Xenia, but I'm confident there is good food to be had there as well.

That's Fantastic. It's wonderful that dogs have the ability to help folks.

The cool thing is  he's not some lame-brained brother-in-law that mooches money. This guy will just mooch treats and make your day better in the process. :D

34 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Welcome, Al!!

I STILL like most dogs better 'n' I like most people!!!

I agree 100%. Some of the best people I know  are dogs. ;)

Xenia, Ohio?  My 6th-great grandfather is buried there.  He was 14 years old when he enlisted to fight in the American Revolution.  I need to PM you and see if you have anyone in your family with my surname, because we could be cousins.

I hope Al is all he is desired to be.  He could not have selected a better family to join.

I hope Book, the reigning Tomcat in Henry's grandpa's house will be an adult about Al and give him a break.

I hope to see Al with Henry holding on to his fur running a full speed.   Can't wait to meet him.

53 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

UPDATE 

Henry and Al met for the first time this morning.

Chilling like old buddies!  :lol:

F2237002-EC3C-4265-8C30-28713355AF79.thumb.png.e16af4a48aea7114da51f5071014093e.png

It doesn't get better than that

Archived