SASS Wire Forum

Life On The Edge

Subdeacon Joe

Every time they advanced up that backbone, I feared rotten rock would dislodge under their hand and cause trouble!

The things people will do for fun. What gets me is that a lot of them are married and have kids, and then you later hear the story on the news where the sobbing widow is wondering how she's going to raise their kid on her own. But, he "died doing what he loved".

In my opinion, if you're going to do stupid crazy ***t like this do it when you're still single. Once you have a family and obligations you need to think of them first.

1 minute ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

But, he "died doing what he loved".

My kids and I have had a running joke for decades over this cliche'.  "He died doing what he loved-- falling down a cliff in terror." "He died doing what he loved-- trapped in an avalanche, considering his folly and regret as he suffocates."  And so on.

We always say: "He died just a few minutes after doing what he loved."   Dark humor, to be sure. But as Stalin said, "Dark humor is like food. Some get it and some don't."

You have to understand that’s a wide angle lens so they’re only a few hundred feet up. It just looks like a thousand. :blink:

Umm...hell no!

I used to rock climb and I liked a challenge, but decomposing granite? Nope, nope, nope!

Archived