SASS Wire Forum

On a Covid campout!

Michigan Slim

So Friday I was informed that I was exposed to the Wuhon crud. I was sent home for a two week paid vacation and told to quarantine. Ok, not a problem. I called home to spread the good news........ then called the County department of health to get tested. Today at 2:00. Results Weds.

When I got home, Kaya was already getting the camper ready for my stay. Food, clothes, etc. As I was told to avoid contact I requested all my hunting clothes too. After all, there ain't nobody in my stand with me, right?!? Two weeks off during the early rut to hunt! Yee haw!!

But, here's the reason for this post:

1. Look at your camper and think about if you had to live in it. Is it big enough to be comfy? Is it well stocked? 

2. Put away the new guns. YOUR WIFE WILL SEE THEM IF YOU LEFT THEM OUT!

3. Thank your God for giving you the family around you. My wife is a strong woman and providing me with everything I need even before I know I need it. My daughter knew what gear I needed to hunt and even got my 1911 for me to keep in the camper. My son is keeping tabs on me because I will hide it if I need to go to the ER at some point.

4. The Saloon is a wonderful place to be. Keep the posts coming. It gives me something to do while I'm in prison.....

There's more but I need to take another nap.

Talk soon!

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Here’s hoping only the deer population will suffer during your quarantine!!  

Pictures required of course.

:lol:

Kaya is in her stand too. I usually get to be an innocent bystander when that happens!

2 minutes ago, Doc X said:

Here's hoping you don't get it pard.

I just hope I didn't infect my family before my boss got his positive test. Not concerned about me at all. 

My doc said that when my son got it that if I was not sick by the 3rd day of , I likely wouldn't get it.  Turns out I was around the kid that got my son sick as well as my son and he had symptoms around us all before we realized he was sick but faired well.  We still kept everyone separate from each other, except I did sleep with my wife so I wouldn't die alone 

Just now, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Did your boss wear a mask at work?

Not when we were in the shop. None of us did. When we left to any other parts of the building we did. It's our lunch area too. 

6 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Keep the posts coming. It gives me something to do while I'm in prison.....

Have your wife bring you some tampons. With tampons, you can go horseback riding and walk on the beach and play volleyball and a bunch of other fun things. At least according to the commercials I've seen.

17 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Have your wife bring you some tampons. With tampons, you can go horseback riding and walk on the beach and play volleyball and a bunch of other fun things. At least according to the commercials I've seen.

I was going ask where do you put them...Decided not to....

Texas Lizard

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

My wife recently went through the same ordeal in our 16 foot travel trailer. Around the 10th day, she had enough and moved back in the house!:D

I guess she had you moved out to the travel trailer to finish her time....

Texas Lizard

M slim, hope your hunting quasi tee goes well. Virus or nor not I think a hunting quarantine sounds like a yearly normal thing. Got my crossbow ready and the camper outfitted for just such an occasion.  Lucky for me the said I can start my quarantine at anytime lol. Good luck and hope you don’t get sick

18 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

I was going ask where do you put them...Decided not to....

Texas Lizard

Probably instructions are in the box, not that us guys ever read them. I'm sure it is pretty obvious once the packaging is removed. Can't be that many possibilities, I'm sure as a well designed and popular product it must be pretty obvious how to use them. Just speaking as a man.

On edit: My lady just let me know they can also be used to treat bullet wounds.

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

Probably instructions are in the box, not that us guys ever read them. I'm sure it is pretty obvious once the packaging is removed. Can't be that many possibilities, I'm sure as a well designed and popular product it must be pretty obvious how to use them. Just speaking as a man.

On edit: My lady just let me know they can also be used to treat bullet wounds.

My wife has mentioned bullet wounds recently also. 

8 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

then called the County department of health to get tested. Today at 2:00. Results Weds.

If test comes back negative, are you still on a paid hunting trip?

If test comes back positive, do you have to retake the test before returning to work in two weeks?

I don't know where I went wrong raising my little girl. She watched a seven pointer at ten yards for 30 minutes. Glad we don't need that venison yet.

1 minute ago, Cemetery said:

If test comes back negative, are you still on a paid hunting trip?

If test comes back positive, do you have to retake the test before returning to work in two weeks?

Off for two weeks regardless. I need a negative test to return.

As a beardless youth I put footy prints along military crests, benches, hills, hollers, saddles, draws, I laid wait in machans, hides, tree stands, I skulked, sneaked, stalked, crept and otherwise did my level best to Way Lay Odecoleus virginianus, with a truly remarkable lack of success!

Now if I want to shoot a deer -- I step out any door when I walk my hourly firewatch -- raise a soda straw to my mustache and shoot one at ten feet with a spit ball.

Friday last, when I took samples up to the lab, the lab manager and I were outside the back door, happily profaning the state of the onion, and eleven hen turkeys filed past us at most fifteen feet from us.

Mating season will see three or four toms fanning, preening and strutting on the floodwall, elaborately paying no attention at all to us.

"Be careful what you wish for" -- my wishes as a lad should have been more particular.

I wished to see more game and it's happened.

I'm seeing all kind of table fare.

I'm just seeing it where I'm not able to harvest!

Hopefully you get a bye, Slim. My better half did a few weeks ago. Lady she helps with a DD person got it as well as the person. Wife went and got tested, came back negative. Interval between her last contact and start of symptoms hit it just right according to our Doc. Told her she dodged a  bullet which he wasn't as lucky in April.:blush:

Catching up on my bullet casting while I rest my hunting grounds a couple days. Got 1000 200 grain TC's for my .45 ACP done and 500 RN 125 grainers for my 9mm. I'll work on .38s tomorrow. My wife will be delivering supper shortly I believe. I just realized I haven't eaten since breakfast. 

Tilled the garden, raked leaves, cleaned the gutters. Dumped all the potted plants today too. I'm wiped out. Overdid things a bit.

this thread caught me off guard - i had not thought of the camper as isolation , always though escape , but im looking at it a lot different right now - might need more propane and possibly driving south - its gettin cold here these days , but i like the idea 

9 hours ago, watab kid said:

this thread caught me off guard - i had not thought of the camper as isolation , always though escape , but im looking at it a lot different right now - might need more propane and possibly driving south - its gettin cold here these days , but i like the idea 

It's working out pretty well so far. I am going to insulate the floor though. Down in the low 30's last night and my feet got COLD. I'm going to glue blueboard under there today. I'm wondering though what an insulation company would charge me to spray foam it.

I had stocked up on propane because we use 20 pounders at the cabin after someone stole my 100 pounders. I'm using an electric heater for the main heat with the furnace set to go on if the temp drops too much. Working well except for the floor.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:00 PM, John Kloehr said:

That's pretty damned funny right there !

13 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

It's working out pretty well so far. I am going to insulate the floor though. Down in the low 30's last night and my feet got COLD. I'm going to glue blueboard under there today. I'm wondering though what an insulation company would charge me to spray foam it.

I had stocked up on propane because we use 20 pounders at the cabin after someone stole my 100 pounders. I'm using an electric heater for the main heat with the furnace set to go on if the temp drops too much. Working well except for the floor.

im not up on that pricing anymore but it might actually be a very good solution , what you are doing is not bad but keeping it in place will be an issue i think , much like a cot or air mattress in cold weather you need an insu;lated barrier between you and the cold , you can heat and pile on all the top cover you want its that bottom cold migration that gets to you , 

I had the China flu early in July and IMO, it wasn’t that bad. I’ve had colds and flu worse than it was. My doctor attributes it to the supplements that I take, L-Lysine, Reche and black elderberry extract. These supplements are anti virals and enhance the immune system according to him and my wife. You might recommend your family members start taking them too, sure couldn’t hurt.

1 hour ago, Yul Lose said:

I had the China flu early in July and IMO, it wasn’t that bad. I’ve had colds and flu worse than it was. My doctor attributes it to the supplements that I take, L-Lysine, Reche and black elderberry extract. These supplements are anti virals and enhance the immune system according to him and my wife. You might recommend your family members start taking them too, sure couldn’t hurt.

Couldn't hurt a thing! Thanks, Yul!

Test results came back Negative! YEEE HAWWW! I get to move into the house but I have to go back to work Monday. Oh well. Take the bad with the good.

Archived