SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Winchester 1897 16ga 21" Slicked Up Shotgun

Trigger Aaron

SOLD Howdy Pards,

I have here a fine 1953 example of a legendary shooter, the Winchester 1897. It's a later E model and looks and works great. I purchased this early this year with the intention of getting into SASS, but with work and the changes COVID has taken place, I think I just need to sell this to someone that'll use it rather than let it sit in my closet. I still plan to get into it when work calms down, but for now that's the story.

It was purchased from a member of the Orygun Cowboys and was told it was worked on by their main gunsmith. Tuned up and slicked up, fast shootin' 7 rounds you can get. (It is true, I shot it a few times, quite the smooth shooter). Barrel is 21" and has a nice leather buttpad. 

At this point I'd like to sell it for $450. Local to Oregon is great, but if not, I'll ship. Perhaps we split shipping costs? 

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions, I think I said everything I know about it, but welcome any.

Thanks all!

IMG_2307.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2309.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

16ga isn’t very common for this game, but it’ll sell no less. That’s a VERY GOOD PRICE FOR AN ORIGINAL Winchester.

Ill be surprised if it makes it until morning.

Chert Rock

58 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Isn't that @Yul Lose preferred shooter?

Yeah, but I’ve got to many of them already, I was tempted.

Rats! I'd have loved to give it a good home!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fast Freddy said:

Got one just like it that needs a new home. I'll post tonight

My bet is that it won’t last a half an hour.

Watch your post for just a few minutes after you list it. It WILL sell FAST!

Chert Rock

If the 12 ga  is set up correctly for a lady or youth shooter and the lighter loads shot, the recoil is reduced considerably. Don't go the 20 ga route is it the worst of all. 

Archived