SASS Wire Forum

Southeast Regional Results

Knot and I are lucky enough to travel for many years to a lot to different matches across the country; even with me still working. So we see all kinds of match setups and see and hear what the CAS shooters actually like in a match. I’m talking about the 80% that pay the match and SASS bills that keep this sport going.

Knot and I really enjoyed the Southeast Regional match! The North Alabama Regulators committee had it right! It was apparent they worked as a team to get the job done. When the initial banquet facility had to cancel due to Covid, the committee made a great decision to find another facility - it was spot on! I’m glad they were able to find a good banquet facility with great food choices. With unknown weather, especially the forecast showing no rain (then we had rain), everyone was able to dress up and mingle within the large facility.

The range and match set up was awesome. There were permanent cowboy stages with cover. (Note that there are facilities that can’t setup permanent stages due to other shooting disciplines, but those other clubs still put on great matches too).

The SE Regional match had lots of vendors and good placement on the range for them. The target distance/spacing along with scenario options allowed for smooth runs for all shooting styles. There was a mixture of target distances without becoming an aiming match Bravo! Well done!!!

There are many clubs that setup their targets and scenarios so the shooters walk away having fun at the match; those clubs actually understand it’s about catering to the masses and not just a small percentage of shooters. The SE Regional put on by the North Alabama Regulators is one of those prime examples for establishing a fun match. There are many other large matches we attended the past 7 weeks that get it too!

Thanks for putting on a great shoot North Alabama Regulators! Thanks to all of the volunteers ... well done!

Thanks so much for all your hard work!  The stages were AWESOME!!! I had so much fun and look forward to next year!!  Big hugs to Alchemist Belle and Donald Duke!  Scarlett

On 10/25/2020 at 7:28 AM, Shamrock Sadie said:

Knot and I are lucky enough to travel for many years to a lot to different matches across the country; even with me still working. So we see all kinds of match setups and see and hear what the CAS shooters actually like in a match. I’m talking about the 80% that pay the match and SASS bills that keep this sport going.

Knot and I really enjoyed the Southeast Regional match! The North Alabama Regulators committee had it right! It was apparent they worked as a team to get the job done. When the initial banquet facility had to cancel due to Covid, the committee made a great decision to find another facility - it was spot on! I’m glad they were able to find a good banquet facility with great food choices. With unknown weather, especially the forecast showing no rain (then we had rain), everyone was able to dress up and mingle within the large facility.

The range and match set up was awesome. There were permanent cowboy stages with cover. (Note that there are facilities that can’t setup permanent stages due to other shooting disciplines, but those other clubs still put on great matches too).

The SE Regional match had lots of vendors and good placement on the range for them. The target distance/spacing along with scenario options allowed for smooth runs for all shooting styles. There was a mixture of target distances without becoming an aiming match Bravo! Well done!!!

There are many clubs that setup their targets and scenarios so the shooters walk away having fun at the match; those clubs actually understand it’s about catering to the masses and not just a small percentage of shooters. The SE Regional put on by the North Alabama Regulators is one of those prime examples for establishing a fun match. There are many other large matches we attended the past 7 weeks that get it too!

Thanks for putting on a great shoot North Alabama Regulators! Thanks to all of the volunteers ... well done!

Thanks for the kind words. It was awesome to see y'all again!

15 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Thanks again Buck and company. You guys did a great job!

Sorry bout the rain, but I hear ya'll ALWAYS get rain so... it WAS NOT me! Promise  ;)

Yeah, yeah, sure. As long as we can get you there we can always blame it on The Rainmaker. :lol: Thanks so much for coming!

Archived