SASS Wire Forum

SPF - FS Colt Frontier Scout .22 - SPF

Very good, no rust or pitting, slight blue wear on left side of muzzle and front cylinder edges. Two small scratches on left side of frame at the cross pin where somebody's screwdriver slipped tightening it up. I've had this revolver for five years and never noticed til I took these pictures there are initials "RM" on the right side between the trigger guard and grips. I rubbed some chalk into them so they'd show up better in the picture. Made in 1962, so C&R eligible. No box/papers, and since it's marked .22 LR, it wasn't manufactured as a convertible - convertibles were marked .22 cal.

$450, shipped & insured CONUS

California OK.

Property taxes are due in six weeks, so if it sits here a few days, make me an offer - ya never know. ;)

FrontierScout_02.jpg

FrontierScout_03.jpg

FrontierScout_04.jpg

FrontierScout_01.jpg

My first handgun was a Frontier Scout in 1968 - I would have been 12. My dad had an identical one, but in .22 magnum. I still have both of them. :)

2 hours ago, Hair Trigger Jim said:

If this is still around, I'd be tempted to offer $350, but that would be robbery.

:FlagAm: Also probably would not be a feather in your cap offering a sum that most, if not all here would perceive as insulting.  Being your brief profile shows non membership in SASS while Three Foot Johnson has fifteen years as a member.

Just sayin.

Chas B :angry:

That's actually less than I paid five years ago, but I did say, "Make me an offer - ya never know." 

I would do $350 with $100 shipping though. ;)

5 hours ago, Chas B. Wolfson, SASS #11104 said:

:FlagAm: Also probably would not be a feather in your cap offering a sum that most, if not all here would perceive as insulting.  Being your brief profile shows non membership in SASS while Three Foot Johnson has fifteen years as a member.

Just sayin.

Chas B :angry:

Oh, I didn't mean that as an offer, as there's no way that would be fair.  I just wish I was in a position to justify buying it at all.  I was mostly curious if it's sold yet so I can stop daydreaming (and I was also trying to give it a BTT).  But I could see how it may have come across wrong.

I have two of these. They are a visual, and fun to play with reminder of our history when almost all of the prime-time TV shows were westerns. It is a true physical link to our childhoods. Yes, I would have been still unable to form complete sentences when it was sold but dang it, I could have shoved it in my diaper and swagger around the play pen!

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought one at a gun store. Belonged to a kid that worked there. I think he wanted a Glock or something.  He had it marked 500, then 400. I asked him his best price, I was out the door with a holster for $300. I felt like I stole it! 

In 22 Mag. I’ve found a 22 LR cylinder for it already! Nice pistol. 

C900D1A6-01A8-411C-85B6-9028DAE44DE6.jpeg

I've made buys like that before. A few years ago when I was at Sportsman's Warehouse, someone I used to work with elsewhere walked up the gun counter with a 2 year old scoped Marlin 1895 Cowboy .45-70 to sell. I told him we didn't buy guns, but I might be interested, "What do you want for it?" "I dunno... is $450 too much?" :blink: In hindsight, I undoubtedly could have got it for $400. 

Same story with another customer, but it was a decent top eject Winchester M94 .30-30... $100. :blink:

Last fall, I came across a pair of Sheriff's model Birdshead .45 Vaqueros, consecutive and new in the box for $805... I said, "That's kind of stiff for a Vaquero, how much for the pair?" "That IS for the pair, sir." :blink:

Back in the good old days, maybe 30 years ago, I was at a gun shop looking at wishes and hopes.

Colt had a rep there, a cute young lady, that was handing out pins and stickers.

We chatted briefly, and I told her about how much I liked shooting my Colt Frontier Scout. She mentioned the Mag cylinder, and I told her that one didn't come with the pistol. I had bought the pistol at a gun shop, in used but like-new condition, for about $125, on lay-a-way. She took my name and address, and said that she would send me one. I smiled and said thanks.

Well, sure enough, a few weeks later, a new Mag cylinder was delivered to me.

I was impressed. I thought that was pretty cool. Trying to decide which kid inherits it. Probably my daughter. She first shot it at age 5, and loved it. 

On 10/30/2020 at 7:59 PM, Frostyballs said:

Someone needs to buy this... I don't know how much longer I can hold out...

Felt the same way.

I am trying to thin the herd not extend it.

Three Foot: Glad you found the right Cowboy.

Archived