SASS Wire Forum

FS Uberti 1871 .38 special

Woodrow Call

:FlagAm: This actually looks like an '51 conversion.  "71/'72 Open Tops have a blade front sight and a raised rear site at rear of barrel, machined as part of barrel.  And yes, '71/'72 models do have a round barrel, '51 conversions are octagon with rear sight notch in hammer.  I have and shoot both models.

Chas B

That is properly called a '51 Richards-Mason conversion.  A few years back Uberti started stamping an 1871 on the side (which is about the time that the originals were converted), and that tends to confuse people.  I think Cimarron got a trademark on the name Richards-Mason, so Taylors calls them a C. Mason.  Anyways, I have four or I'd jump on it, that is a very good price.

Awesome gun.

I have used a pair as main match pistols for 8 years.

LOVE THEM!

Good price on this gun.

Someone please buy it.

Waimea

4 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Awesome gun.

I have used a pair as main match pistols for 8 years.

LOVE THEM!

Good price on this gun.

Someone please buy it.

Waimea

I want to, and will if it is here two weeks from now. Doubtful, but here’s to hoping.

Already have a row of ducks to shoot down until then.  ;)

Chert Rock

OK, I didn't want to be pushy, so I gave everyone else a chance to pick up on this.

But, since nobody else grabbed it, I'll go ahead and take it, removing any temptation that y'all might still be harboring.

That is, if it ain't already gone.

I'll pm you for details.

Thanks,

Brazos

1 hour ago, Brazos John said:

Dang it, late agin….

I'm thinking that Woodrow, being a newbie to the Wire and all, didn't realize he should put up a "SOLD" post.  I also snoozed and losed. 

Archived