SASS Wire Forum

Old? No, experienced!!

Margarita Marie

Was loading up some ammo for our next monthly shoot and ran across this.  This piece of brass is 52 years older than the Buckerette Buffalo Kay that is going to shoot it!!!  I'm thinking I need to pay a little closer attention PRIOR to loading them....I am sure if it could talk, there could be some stories....

brass.jpg

nothin wrong with old brass thats still loadable , i only look at the case mouth for cracks etc to decide if i recycle it , ive got some WWII brass in with mine , my baby sister was born in 57 but an i gettin that right ? - she is 5 ? you got her on that early learning program that turns out champions 

Yeah, I look at the case mouth and then also watch for those pieces that have been stepped on beyound what seems possible to straighten out.  I was checking headstamps as I was looking for high primers and just happened to notice the date.

No, the granddaughter is 11.  She started competing in SASS when she was 10.  I can do the math pretty easy since I was born in '57 and that makes me 63.  Take 11 away from that and it leaves you with 52.  I'm not an accountant but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express recently!!!!

Brass is like a good Woman. If taken care of and not abused, they both get better with age....

5 hours ago, Sergeant Smokepole #29248L said:

Brass is like a good Woman. If taken care of and not abused, they both get better with age....

It's been my experience that they get a little hard around the mouth.

Archived