SASS Wire Forum

Think I'm starting to understand why SASS targets are big and close

John Kloehr

I remember reading about a shoot out that happened in the Old West.

Two men got into an altercation over a game of cards and emptied their pistols at each other while at a card table. 

The only person that was hit was the bartender.

On 10/23/2020 at 9:47 PM, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I remember reading about a shoot out that happened in the Old West.

Two men got into an altercation over a game of cards and emptied their pistols at each other while at a card table. 

The only person that was hit was the bartender.

I read something similar. Two men got into an altercation, stood up, and chased each other in circles around the table as they shot at each other. Once they'd emptied their pistols and realized they never managed to hit each other they laughed and sat back down. Dunno if it's the same story or not.

Story goes that two men up in Montana got into a shooting scrape in the middle of the main street.  They shot at each other without hitting either until they ran out of shots.   Whereupon, the townsfolk got tired of it (maybe it wasn't the first time these two had done this), and hanged both of them! :o

6 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Story goes that two men up in Montana got into a shooting scrape in the middle of the main street.  They shot at each other without hitting either until they ran out of shots.   Whereupon, the townsfolk got tired of it (maybe it wasn't the first time these two had done this), and hanged both of them! :o

If I were the Sheriff I'd have used the firing squad and given them one final lesson in marksmanship. ;)

Archived