SASS Wire Forum

That won't buff out...

From the YouTube page description.

The San Miguel Sheriff’s Office said a 23-year-old woman is seriously hurt after a rollover crash in Telluride. The sheriff’s office said she was in a Jeep with her 22-year-old male friend on Bridal Veil Rd. The friend told deputies he shut off the engine, applied the emergency brake and stepped out of the Jeep to help direct a driver behind him around a tight turn. He said the jeep started to roll while the woman was still in the passenger seat. The man tried to jump back into the Jeep to steer it, but he was thrown into rocks when it went off the road. The sheriff’s office said the Jeep rolled down several switchbacks, throwing the woman out of the vehicle. It came to a stop on the road.

1 minute ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

They should have bought a lottery ticket after that happened. 

I think they went underwear shopping after that happened.  :huh:

I'm familiar with Black Bear Pass, but not Bridal Veil Road. I don't think they are the same road and according to Google maps, they are not the same, but fairly close together.

Black Bear pass has umpteen switchbacks, but if I remember correctly, that road is "wider" than the one pictured here. Even tho the road is wider, the only place 2 vehicles can meet is in the curve of the switchbacks. You cannot meet or pass on the straightaways. 

PF

When the turns are that tight I want my transportation to have a hoof at each corner and long ears!  And I have been on a few trails where I was on a horse, and my right leg was hanging out in space and the left was brushing the side of the mountain!  Rode with my right foot loose in the stirrup!  Great little mountain horse! But I would have preferred a mule!

I've driven on that trail and the Black Bear Pass. They're definitely knuckle biters. I have a CJ7 and had to jockey it twice to get around one switchback.

File this one under "S" for "Scares me and I'm fearless!"

Will never understand why one would set the p'brake and not leave it in gear if the engine is off. If the engine is running, you stay in the vehicle. That's SOP off-road.

Been on that road a few times, you need to stay focused.

OLG 

Archived