SASS Wire Forum

Found one 92 carbine 357

You want a 73 or 66 if you are looking for a race gun.  While a 92 can be made to work exceptionally well for CAS they are not "race" guns.

In theory a 92 could be short stroked but the cost of doing so makes it impractical.

BTW I own 4 super slick 92s in 38/357. They all run flawlessly with the right OAL ammo but I would not call them race guns

13 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

You want a 73 or 66 if you are looking for a race gun.  While a 92 can be made to work exceptionally well for CAS they are not "race" guns.

In theory a 92 could be short stroked but the cost of doing so makes it impractical.

BTW I own 4 super slick 92s in 38/357. They all run flawlessly with the right OAL ammo but I would not call them race guns

Maybe my terminology was incorrect.  I want a slicked up fully functional 92.   I guess If I can find a 73 with a round barrel and 20 inches I would go for that.  I know they are better I have one in 45LC.  just wanted a lightweight 92.  There was a guy in Beaumont Texas that used to work on the 92s and make them sweet.

I had one years ago my first go around with the sport.

15 minutes ago, Skinny snake eyes pickins said:

Maybe my terminology was incorrect.  I want a slicked up fully functional 92.   I guess If I can find a 73 with a round barrel and 20 inches I would go for that.  I know they are better I have one in 45LC.  just wanted a lightweight 92.  There was a guy in Beaumont Texas that used to work on the 92s and make them sweet.

I had one years ago my first go around with the sport.

He's still around, and still the best. But he moved to Lampassas several years ago, Steve Young dba Steve's guns, alias Nate Kiowa Jones. https://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=3

A good, tuned 92, along with consistent oal cartridge length will can be very reliable and consistent.  

Not sure that any barrel under 20" will hold ten .357s.  The Rossi will likely cycle .357s better than .38s.

3 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

A good, tuned 92, along with consistent oal cartridge length will can be very reliable and consistent.  

Not sure that any barrel under 20" will hold ten .357s.  The Rossi will likely cycle .357s better than .38s.

Yes sir I believe my first 92 was a 20 inch gun.  Stainless Rossi and it was light and very smooth after Steve worked it over.

Archived