SASS Wire Forum

Webley .38 For Sale Sold Pending Funds

X Mark

I have up for sale a .38 cal. Webley.

It is marked  " War Finish" on the frame.

Serial number is 71081.

The gun locks up tight  and exhibits the usual wear for its age

For $300 in gold this can be yours !833986621_WebleySerialNoandfinish.thumb.JPG.30910f253fb2281f61414f1076eb26d3.JPG

Webley .38.JPG

I bought that exact same model a year or so ago. I was at a shoot and one of my fellow shooters was talking about this Webley he had planned to buy to complete his Indiana Jones persona for Wild Bunch. We got to talking Webleys, and he said that he had changed his mind as it wasn't the exact right Webley. So I got the owners name from him and bought it myself. Been wanting a 38 version for 30 years to go along with my mk 4 and mk  6 .455's, but seemed every time I came across one it was the bobbed hammer type, and didn't want that one. It had 1 wrong screw in it and the auto eject didn't work at first, but I corrected both problems. Still haven't shot it, need to load some correct ammo for it. I suppose I still need to find an Enfield version of this, more of them were used by the military. One of these days.

40 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I bought that exact same model a year or so ago. I was at a shoot and one of my fellow shooters was talking about this Webley he had planned to buy to complete his Indiana Jones persona for Wild Bunch. We got to talking Webleys, and he said that he had changed his mind as it wasn't the exact right Webley. So I got the owners name from him and bought it myself. Been wanting a 38 version for 30 years to go along with my mk 4 and mk  6 .455's, but seemed every time I came across one it was the bobbed hammer type, and didn't want that one. It had 1 wrong screw in it and the auto eject didn't work at first, but I corrected both problems. Still haven't shot it, need to load some correct ammo for it. I suppose I still need to find an Enfield version of this, more of them were used by the military. One of these days.

Hope it works better than that POS Lathi you sold me a few years back:angry:

Archived