SASS Wire Forum

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Happy birthday Jack!! 

I like most dogs better than I like most people!!

33 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Charlie, that 2nd pic looks like he's camping out up in the Smoky's along those streams.

..........Widder

Widder,

We were at Elkmont campground along the Little River. 

Next week we’ll be in the same campground but back along Jakes Creek. Hopefully the colors will be their usual gorgeous for this time of year. 

39 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Widder,

We were at Elkmont campground along the Little River. 

Next week we’ll be in the same campground but back along Jakes Creek. Hopefully the colors will be their usual gorgeous for this time of year. 

Now you're making me miss Tennessee.  

35 minutes ago, Ozark Shark said:

Now you're making me miss Tennessee.  

What part are you from?

A d what part of the Ozarks are you in now?  My family helped settle the northwest part of Arkansas. Harley and McVay were the two names. 

50 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

What part are you from?

A d what part of the Ozarks are you in now?  My family helped settle the northwest part of Arkansas. Harley and McVay were the two names. 

That's cool.  We live at Lake of the Ozarks in central Missouri.  We're right at the northern end of the Ozarks. 

The Trimble, Walker and Whitfield lines of my family helped settle north central Arkansas; in the heart of the Ozark Mountains.  All three of those lines traced through Tennessee and Kentucky for a generation or two before moving into Arkansas.  My 4th great grandparents established a farm near Dolph in Izard county in 1815.  They raised 10 children in this 20 x 19 foot cabin.  Our family gave the cabin to the Izard county historical society who now has it on display in Calico Rock.  I periodically stop to visit it when I'm passing through for a shoot.  The old homestead is called the Trimble Campground because it was used for tent revivals while my family owned the property.  They later donated a piece of land within it for a Cumberland Presbyterian Church to be built.  It's still there and active.  The family cemetery is on the hilltop behind the church.  Beautiful views of the Ozark Mountains from up there.

Trimble Cabin.jpg

52 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

What part are you from?

In the late 80s and early 90s we lived near Franklin, TN.  Loved it there.  We are considering the plateau for retirement, but that won't happen as long as we're needed in Missouri to help our parents.

Archived