SASS Wire Forum

I'm beginning to hate having to leave the house!

Clay Mosby

11 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Is she going to be happy living in that s---hole state much longer?

As I said, things are relatively quiet around here, our biggest problem is the megalomaniacal, psychotic nether body region hole governor. We have the occasional march and hoorah, the occasional scuffle between groups, but nothing like they have in the lib enclaves along the coast. 

Another reason we stay is financial.  

Clay, I was telling my wife about this silliness and she reminded about the woman in Portland that confronted me for driving an evil four wheel drive. I had forgotten about that. 
Anyway, I was coming out of a 7-11 and there was a woman looking at my truck as approached from the rear she was by my drivers side door. 
(paraphrasing - can’t remember exact words)
“Is this your truck?”

”Yes”

”You should be ashamed to be driving this...this thing that drinks gasoline, polluted my earth and tears up the soil.”

”It’s an S-10, lady. Go practice your tree hugging bull (crap) on the real polluters of the earth.”
“Oh, who’s that?”

“Blathering idiots that waste oxygen, spew noise and CO2. They also block people’s path, which is a misdemeanor in this state, I believe.”

As that sunk into here open-mouthed pin head I pushed past her, grabbed the door handle and used the door to push her away as I opened it to get into my truck. I didn’t shove her, just kind of nudged her. I didn’t want her crying abuse and I know the 7-11 had a surveillance system. I started my truck and drove away. 

Some people feel it’s their right to inject themselves into other’s business.  In my experience they are always pinheads, they are always narrow-mindedly leftist and they believe that they are safe in doing so. It’s as if they think they have a veil of protection around them. 

After that episode I did encounter a few more like her in Portland and it was always a similar shtick regarding my evil 4x4. 

I have found it best to verbally disarm them, get in my truck and drive away. Only once did it get dicey. That’s another story for another time. 

10 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Lighten up Francis. 

I'm former po-po :D

OLG 

The term is still disrespectful and childish. I was not  po po what ever the hell that is I was a police officer and damn proud of it

9 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

... I have a couple friends that dislike the current president and denounce him, but I am pretty sure they will not go and vote. I asked one of them a while back, and she comment to the effect that she has never voted....

Using the excuse of not liking one candidate as the reason for her not voting.

12 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

"This truck belongs to my friend, who is an ederly Black man and has asked me to do some grocery shopping for him because at this time he is unable to get out"

..........Widder

That wouldn't have shut her down.

Shouting for everyone in the parking lot to give Karen a round of applause for her virtue signalling might.  Maybe even throw in a comment about how even the East German Judge gave her performance a 9.5.

She's trying to use Alinisky's Rules, so return the favor. 

Rule 5 says that, "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.  There is no defense. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage."

2 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

The term is still disrespectful and childish. I was not  po po what ever the hell that is I was a police officer and damn proud of it

I was called much worse.....

Carry on ;)

OLG

Can you tell?  Your going about living your normal, happy life makes them lose their minds.  You've done nothing wrong.  Stick out your chest.  Do your thing.  Let the heathen rage. 

For possible physical confrontation or vandalism, take out your phone and record the insanity.

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I was called much worse.....

Carry on ;)

OLG

We all were but in this time when the police are being attacked from every direction the last time that we need is to demean ourselves.I seldom agree with Alpo but the term is insulting and childish 

13 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I once drove several hundred miles across a couple of states, taking the whole day off from work, to cast my vote because I had moved after the registration deadline!!

I was taught that a most important part of citizenship was voting!

I have NEVER missed an opportunity to vote!!  Not even in a local referendum or city or county election!!

Bravo, Blackwater!

7 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

Another reason we stay is financial.  

That ship left CA 20 years ago.
Housing has jumped radically, especially in areas where CA people wind up.
ID is a prime example.

I have looked at 200+ properties in NV and the Prescott areas.
I dig into the parcel data, FEMA and prior sales history.
Sellers are adding $200k to the price of a house they bought in 2017.
Of course, they are not selling... 
Apparently they are holding out for the next wave of CA refugees with Big Money in their pockets.

For us, staying in CA makes far more financial sense than moving.
If we moved to NV, the triple property tax would be a wash with no state income tax.
We would still be paying 2x~ more for a (better) house... so starting a $300k mortgage at age 70 is not my idea of a good time.

Here in Sacramento, my youngest is hitting a wall trying to buy a house.
She is outbid by a huge margin, by Bay Area people fleeing that septic tank and moving to Sacramento.

WA filled up with lots of CA refugees a long time ago. The long-time WA residents are now fleeing to Idaho in droves. As to where the long-time Idaho residents will ultimately flee, I have no idea. I guess 50 years from now Montana will be packed with tens of millions of conservatives who fled every other state in the Union.

I've been looking elsewhere (other than CA) for a place to move.

IMO there is no perfect place.  The possibilities either have aridity, humidity, tornadoes, and/or hurricanes. That doesn't even take politics into account.

For now, I :wub: where we live (the weather is wonderful), except for the political situation. :rolleyes: :(

Wyoming seems really nice, but there ain't much work there. Scary to think their entire population is less than the population of Seattle. The reason why that's scary is because all it would take is for Amazon or somebody to put a warehouse there, and the place would become another leftist hellhole overnight as soon as their new workforce moved in.

2 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

We all were but in this time when the police are being attacked from every direction the last time that we need is to demean ourselves.I seldom agree with Alpo but the term is insulting and childish 

Strange you say such, when former LEO'S on this forum posted just the opposite about the term. 

OLG

I agree with Allie. It is very difficult to find areas that fit your requirements.  We live in a very modest house on 3.3 acres with a small barn and workshop I've built. Paid off. We like to have large gardens for our family and raising some feed for our animals, goats and a donkey plus chickens. Water is an issue. Couldn't live in high humidity areas or getting snowed with freezing winters. 

Our kids and grandchildren are within a half hour, but that could change. If I was younger I would have to look harder at getting out of Ca. with the politics here. Plus many of the desirable places that people like to move to for escape are changing for the worse and prices have risen dramatically. 

32 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Strange you say such, when former LEO'S on this forum posted just the opposite about the term. 

OLG

And why is it so hard not to use baby talk to describe a police officer 

23 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Po-po is straight ghetto :lol:

Wine'n about it is 'baby-talk'.......^_^

Let it go, PLZ :excl:

OLG 

Sorry after forty years as a police officer I never felt the need to speak ghetto.

Now let’s enjoy this glorious day 

1 minute ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Amen!

Colors are changing here in East Tennessee. Our Vols are going to get thumped by the Tide tomorrow...

But it’s still a great day!

So long as UT gets beat bad and often, the rest of the crap in this world is FAR  more tolerable!! :lol:

On 10/22/2020 at 9:47 AM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

That's the problem right there. I've mentioned before the story of a guy I knew who left his pickup with an NRA sticker on it parked in Seattle one day, and came back to it with the windows all smashed and the sides keyed. When you're in leftist territory you can expect the nuts to show up at any moment.

I knew someone who had a similar experience in San Francisco.  The offending sticker?  Boy Scouts of America.  :(

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Sorry after forty years as a police officer I never felt the need to speak ghetto.

Now let’s enjoy this glorious day 

Just 'cuz we don't agree on somedangthing, doesn't mean I don't have your back. ;)

OLG 

3 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Amen!

Colors are changing here in East Tennessee. Our Vols are going to get thumped by the Tide tomorrow...

But it’s still a great day!

I didn't know that Alabama had a fooseball team (because everybody knows UT can't play football).:P

Either way, I'm cheering for the referees.

Go Zebras!!

:PWar Eagle!

37 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Vandy or Kentucky grad?

Neither!   A victim of the orange clad, obnoxious, impolite fans that frequented clubs where I played and businesses I worked for during the era when UT actually had a pretty good football team.

I have no real problem with the school, the students, or the teams.

I DO have a lot of disdain for those rude, obnoxious, disloyal fans who immediately demand the heads of coaches, athletic directors and personnel the moment that any team doesn’t win it all!

I actually enjoyed playing for fraternity and sorority functions both on and off campus.

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

IMO there is no perfect place.  The possibilities either have aridity, humidity, tornadoes, and/or hurricanes. That doesn't even take politics into account.

For us, Prescott AZ is as close as it gets for area and climate.
10 degrees cooler than Sacramento on any given day.
There is a full Masonic lodge and an active SASS group.
And, some of the very highest air quality in the entire nation...

I've only found McCall ID and Pacific Beach CA to have better air quality than Prescott.
However... McCall gets 13 feet of snow... skied there many times in my youth.
We own a beach house in P.B. but would not live in San Diego on a bet.

WY is our idea of a Free State, but too much winter for us.
ID is Blue in the metro areas, lots of winter in the Red areas.
NV is rapidly going Blue, and very windy.

Prescott is by far the 1st place choice for us.
If we can't get what we truly want, there is no point in moving somewhere else for runner-up.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Neither!   A victim of the orange clad, obnoxious, impolite fans that frequented clubs where I played and businesses I worked for during the era when UT actually had a pretty good football team.

I have no real problem with the school, the students, or the teams.

I DO have a lot of disdain for those rude, obnoxious, disloyal fans who immediately demand the heads of coaches, athletic directors and personnel the moment that any team doesn’t win it all!

I actually enjoyed playing for fraternity and sorority functions both on and off campus.

Agreed.

Vol fans when UT is winning are some the most obnoxious fans I dealt in the decade that I was managing restaurants just off campus in a college town.  Now, if the Vols are loosing (like they have pretty much since Fulmer left), they are rather subdued.

Drunk LSU fans rank slightly higher only because they want to fight if they lose.

Archived