SASS Wire Forum

Covidated.

Brazos John

Has anyone else seen this term?

I just used it in a post, and wondered if I just created a new word.

Y'all are welcome to use it. I give the author's permission.   :rolleyes:

Definition: Something that has been affected by Covid.

Nah...I am married. Dating right now would be a hassle. Is that what you mean? Went out on a date. Wearing masks. Elbow bumps goodbye....that’s a Covidate. :P

I am kidding. :D

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Nah...I am married. Dating right now would be a hassle. Is that what you mean? Went out on a date. Wearing masks. Elbow bumps goodbye....that’s a Covidate. :P

I am kidding. :D

Talk about safe sex!

:o

6 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Getting covidated is bad enough .........

................. but don't become a covidiot from it .....

:unsure:

Now that’s a word worth creating!

I LIKE IT!! :D

CJ

I give credit to Hud and his radioshow from a little earlier this year .........

.............. Gunslingerradio on  KABC

:wub:

9 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The whole world has been “Covidated”!:P

Dear Rye

Yes, quite the whole world has been “Covidated”. I may misinterpret your smiley but could you please explain what’s funny about that?

Fortunately, the majority of people who catch the virus do not suffer very hard from this disease, a lot don’t even have symptoms. However, a small “covidated” minority gets heavily affected, and some die.

I live in Switzerland (8.6 million people) in the heart of Europe. The chart below shows the daily registered cases. In March, our health care system was quite under pressure due to “covidated” patients (while in other coutries like Spain or Italy the situation was way worse). A fast hard Lock-Down helped to get control of the spread and the number of daily new infections dropped to the low double-digits. Step-by-step relaxations followed to keep live going while new cases rose to “controllable” few hundreds per day during summer. As in probably every country, people more and more got sick of the safety policies, questioned if Covid is still a big thing (or was ever at all..) due to low infection numbers, and got careless. The first problem with such viruses is the time delay due to incubation period and when you realize the increase the big spread already happened (hence, preventive actions are better than reactions). The second problem is that it’s a matter of coincidence / bad luck where and when a spread happens, so it can happen everywhere every time. Well, a few days ago, the numbers suddenly began rocketing. As there is a lot more testing now than it was in spring, the number of infections is probably still lower than back then, but the situation is already quite severe again and some hospitals start to get to their capacity limits again because of the few percent heavy cases of all Covid cases.

Cov19_2020-10-20.JPG.907f94c72c17cdfd5dc15014e5e447bd.JPG

The paradoxical fact now is that if you’re not working in health care and not one of the couple of thousands infected people or a person close to one - and that’s absolutely the majority of the population - then you won’t “feel” nor see the pandemic. So, also here are a lot of people who disclaim the severity of the disease and even claim it to be a hoax. Please consider that we don’t have any elections coming up when the disease will “magically disappear” after, nor does anyone (except a few individuals) profit from this situation. The whole country just suffers economically, socially, and emotionally from being COVIDATED!

Equanimous Phil

59 minutes ago, Equanimous Phil said:

Dear Rye

Yes, quite the whole world has been “Covidated”. I may misinterpret your smiley but could you please explain what’s funny about that?

Fortunately, the majority of people who catch the virus do not suffer very hard from this disease, a lot don’t even have symptoms. However, a small “covidated” minority gets heavily affected, and some die.

I live in Switzerland (8.6 million people) in the heart of Europe. The chart below shows the daily registered cases. In March, our health care system was quite under pressure due to “covidated” patients (while in other coutries like Spain or Italy the situation was way worse). A fast hard Lock-Down helped to get control of the spread and the number of daily new infections dropped to the low double-digits. Step-by-step relaxations followed to keep live going while new cases rose to “controllable” few hundreds per day during summer. As in probably every country, people more and more got sick of the safety policies, questioned if Covid is still a big thing (or was ever at all..) due to low infection numbers, and got careless. The first problem with such viruses is the time delay due to incubation period and when you realize the increase the big spread already happened (hence, preventive actions are better than reactions). The second problem is that it’s a matter of coincidence / bad luck where and when a spread happens, so it can happen everywhere every time. Well, a few days ago, the numbers suddenly began rocketing. As there is a lot more testing now than it was in spring, the number of infections is probably still lower than back then, but the situation is already quite severe again and some hospitals start to get to their capacity limits again because of the few percent heavy cases of all Covid cases.

Cov19_2020-10-20.JPG.907f94c72c17cdfd5dc15014e5e447bd.JPG

The paradoxical fact now is that if you’re not working in health care and not one of the couple of thousands infected people or a person close to one - and that’s absolutely the majority of the population - then you won’t “feel” nor see the pandemic. So, also here are a lot of people who disclaim the severity of the disease and even claim it to be a hoax. Please consider that we don’t have any elections coming up when the disease will “magically disappear” after, nor does anyone (except a few individuals) profit from this situation. The whole country just suffers economically, socially, and emotionally from being COVIDATED!

Equanimous Phil

Equanimous Phil, I am sure you have been on here long enough to figure out that Americans use humor as a mechanism of dealing with a bad or harsh situation. It’s what we do. When you have politicians and media constantly blathering about lockdowns, rules, laws and controls after a time people lash out , especially when it is obvious that the doom and gloom far outreaches the “necessary” precautions. Some lash out angrily, some lash out in other ways, like humor. 

8 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

Hi Pat, many thanks for your post. I just realized that I am probably a little thin-skinned these days due to personal reasons and not too accessible to humor...

EP

i was going to respond till i saw this - sorry to hear of your personal experiences and hoping for quick recovery ,

the "spike" is directly related to the 'testing' and the reporting does not even mention or temper the fear mongering at all , bottom line is im [not alone] tired of all this BS , politics aside [even though i see this driven by it] there are always illness related epidemics , we always suffer through them , no one enjoys it nor wishes to prolong it , the country is doing all it can to overcome and maintain , but some of the measures taken are destroying us 

Archived