SASS Wire Forum

A question to my Peer Group

Reading Pat Riot's post about shooting a full stage with shotgun and getting a P. 

Got me to thunking, a bad omen.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH A P IF YOU ARE HAVING FUN?

I sure don't shoot for score. But I sure do enjoy the COMPANY and the BANG AND CLANG.

That's why I shoot 44-40 with the holy black. It sure isn't the fastest, but its the funnest and the most authentic (edit: for my guns). I already compete enough at work (and sometimes at home, Mrs Snakejaw is an attorney so she make a sport out of everything), sometimes the point is just to let go of the modern day and make some sparks with like minded folks.

I’m never happy to have a P, but I’ve never let one bother me for more time than it took to write this sentence. Then it’s back to having fun. 

But I’m always happy to Pee, as long as it’s my choice as to where and when it happens. ;-)

56 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Reading Pat Riot's post about shooting a full stage with shotgun and getting a P. 

Got me to thunking, a bad omen.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH A P IF YOU ARE HAVING FUN?

I sure don't shoot for score. But I sure do enjoy the COMPANY and the BANG AND CLANG.

I just thought it was funny that I got a “P”.

I had a ball that day. I am not one to worry about time or score. :D

P'er - one who fails to follow stage directions

Peer - one deemed to be an equal, colleague, and/or contemporary

Peeer - one who urinates

P'er Peer Peeer - screws up the stage then urinates with his pards?

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH A P IF YOU ARE HAVING FUN?

There is nothing wrong with it. Life is too short not to have fun. You have to learn how to laugh at yourself once in a while and enjoy the company. 

Recently I had a MDQ on the first stage of a two day match. Working through a cap jam caused 5th round to impact within 5 feet of the shooter; leaving a nice hole in the table top. Put my guns away and helped with posse chores for the remaining 4 stages that day and 5 more the next day. Everyone on my posse laughed with me about the incident. They even had me autograph it for posterity. :) 

Hopefully I'll never do that again but rather than let it ruin my weekend I made the best of it and had fun anyway.

Got three Ps in one monthly recently. Good thing we shot 7 stages so I was still under 50% total stages blown. ;) I shot great just did not, could not or unconsciously would not follow instructions worth a darn.

Train wrecks can happen at anytime I have discovered.

OK boy and girls lets sing along

You P with me and I P with you and we will P together...

It would be more difficult to get the beat right if we were singing about a SDQ

Imis

Badger is PEERLESS!!!

... I have a matchless opportunity to insert  my hind hoof right between the pearly whites ... I better keep quiet ... 

Blackwater can attest to this.  I once got twenty (20) misses and a P on a single stage.  I shot all ten (10) pistol targets with my rifle and all ten (10) rifle targets with my pistol.

A shooter at my home club usually earned a P every stage. He shot the stage outlaw and almost never in the correct order. It was a lot of fun trying to figure out which target he was aiming at. Some stages would have a target painted red that was close to the back berm. We called the target smiley and often the stage line was "Don't shoot Smiley". Well this shooter shot Smiley at least once per stage.

Now this shooter could hold his own with the best of them if he wanted to but he came out just to shoot old guns and have fun.

He was a lot of fun to shoot with and I wish he was still shooting with us. He messed up his shoulder a while back and hasn't been to a match in quite a while.

7 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I thought Peerless was a car company...:rolleyes:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peerless_Motor_Company

More than a car. An Automobile! 

My buddy, Birdgun, tells the truth!!

BUT!! He nailed the shotgun targets!!

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I thought Peerless was a car company...:rolleyes:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peerless_Motor_Company

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

B7209570-71B9-4275-84BF-0837EC341A70.thumb.jpeg.8c683d02924043ba578de62ffcfe4600.jpeg

Utah Bob beat me to it!

If you intentionally seek a P, is it a Spirit of the Game?

If you intentionally seek a P, in the exact same manner, on the next stage, is it a progressive penalty?

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.............. why would anyone intentionally seek a P  ?   :rolleyes:

Lost my place in a string, and a moment later realized I also lost count of rounds already fired. No way to recover.

Told the TO to score it however... And dumped the rest of my rounds on a random target.

Intentional P. And a bunch of misses. But still smiling.

5 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.............. why would anyone intentionally seek a P  ?   :rolleyes:

Sometimes it is fun to watch the peanut gallery argue over whether you got a P, a miss, or both. Some even argue for a SOG penalty because you shot the sequence wrong on purpose even though your raw time is twice theirs.

I know someone that does that just because it gets under other peoples skin. Seems that some folks can't get over the idea that sometimes it is more important to have fun than always being dead serious.

"If you're not having fun, you're playing the wrong game."

i always P before the match starts - i often need to P in the middle of it and need to run to the head , but while im not fond of getting Ps , it happens from time to time and i dont let it damper my FUN either , its part of the game 

Archived