SASS Wire Forum

The night before...

Diamond Jake

5 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Yep. I bought some groceries the other day and as soon as they scanned the first item it went beeeeep and I had my pistol half drawn looking for target 1. 

I think you got a P on that stage :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Yep. I bought some groceries the other day and as soon as they scanned the first item it went beeeeep and I had my pistol half drawn looking for target 1. 

You did better then I do.  When I hear that beeeeeeep my mind goes completely blank.  I totally freeze up and just stand there staring at the cashier.  Wife has to punch me in the arm to snap me back to reality. :wacko:

I never actually registered it before, I do sometimes get a twitch at cash registers in some grocery checkouts. Fortunately, I have not actually ever drawn...

I'll have to pay attention now to find out if is because of the beep.

When I shoot I count my shots. 1,2,3 etc.  I've stopped or been stopped too often or have shot 10 and be told "you have two more" so click click.  So now I tend to count a lot more things like the number of steps from the upper level to lower level of the house. 6 steps.  Seems like a useless thing to do but if you're carrying something and can't see the steps,  taking one more or one less could end in a fall. 

14 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

When I shoot I count my shots. 1,2,3 etc.  I've stopped or been stopped too often or have shot 10 and be told "you have two more" so click click.  ...

I discovered I can shoot faster then I can count.  I had counted 9 shots and was levering what I thought was the 10th as the TO was saying that's 10, you're done.  Click, he was right.

P.S.  Scary because I shoot really slow!

21 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I discovered I can shoot faster then I can count.  I had counted 9 shots and was levering what I thought was the 10th as the TO was saying that's 10, you're done.  Click, he was right.

P.S.  Scary because I shoot really slow!

When that happens to me, I just tell the TO, "hey, it works in Hollywood!"

21 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I thought you were going to say you drew your Nanner Split spoon. You all have fun down there in Alabamy. I am jealous.

17 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

When I shoot I count my shots. 1,2,3 etc.  I've stopped or been stopped too often or have shot 10 and be told "you have two more" so click click.  So now I tend to count a lot more things like the number of steps from the upper level to lower level of the house. 6 steps.  Seems like a useless thing to do but if you're carrying something and can't see the steps,  taking one more or one less could end in a fall. 

Ever since I started shooting ......I count the holes in the ice cube trays as I fill them.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:37 PM, Warden Callaway said:

TO interference, should get the option of a reshoot. If you are right. But if you are wrong... I think that would be SDQ.

13 steps from upstairs to downstairs... If I have a load on a hand truck in front of me and can't see... Accurate counting is important.

I just ran a class through carry qualification. I count their shots. Today, someone loaded eleven when they should have loaded ten, so the slide did not lock back. "STOP! Unload and show clear." Magazine is empty. Student cycles the slide. Out pops an extra round... Student shows red face.

"OK, this time load TEN." 

Archived