SASS Wire Forum

Death rates for those hospitalized from the China virus have dropped by 2/3

Raylan

From the liberal NPR. So if this is  true then it would imply that the death rate has also decreased similarly. CDC put the death rate at .26 percent so that would argue a current death rate of .086 percent.  The average flu has a death rate of .1 percent. This sounds like it should be kinda big news. But since the election is coming up I don't imagine any good news like this will be played up much.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/10/20/925441975/studies-point-to-big-drop-in-covid-19-death-rates

This has been the same since early studies showed 50-85 times the confirmed cases are actually infected and the numbers I ran probably 5 months ago still match what you mentioned.  It’s statistically impossible for all the famous people and politicians that get tested to have half of them get it while we presume we don’t have the same rate...nonsense.  If all is little people got tested you would see it skyrocket with lots of “didn’t even know I had it” responses.

My 97 year old grandmother tested positive in a nursing home.  Can’t tell the difference one bit, if they didn’t tell her she was positive I don’t think she would have ever known.  

You could also go look at CDC data for the past several years and see average daily and weekly death rates, and calculate for yourself if we have an extra 220k deaths....I won’t spoil it for you all....that way you’ll believe it with your own eyes.

A lot of the drop in death rate is due to the season. July - Oct we see more sunlight which does two things: gives our bodies vitamin D, and encourages us to go outside and move around more. Both help boost our immune system which helps us fight things off. That's why you don't really hear of anyone getting the flu during the summer, its possible but it wont hit as hard or spread as fast. Once fall hits, we start cozying up more which drops our vitamin D and makes us less active - hence, flu season.

The moment it hit us in March, virologists predicted a drop in the summer and a second, larger, wave in November/December/January. So far we are on track with that prediction. It would follow all of the historical models as well.

I wager it's not being played up much because right around the corner is another road hazard. I really do hope they are wrong, but better to be prepared for what won't happen, than caught with your pants down in a tornado.

Archived