SASS Wire Forum

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hi Allie. I'm not from there, but I stumbled upon the Snake River Western Shooting Society a couple of years ago and had a GREAT time shooting a monthly match with them at their very cool range. They are in Jerome, just north of Twin Falls. If you're camping, there's a decent KOA between Twin Falls and Jerome. More here: http://www.idahocas.net/index.html

Say hi to El Suave and The Other Guy for me please.

Hi again Slim,

El Suave said to send you his regards.

I wrote him. The range won't let them have more than 6 people at a match at a time. So they haven't reopened. He and Si are having back issues. Sad. I miss the group who shoots there.

Regards,

Allie

The area is called the Treasure Valley and it holds a lot of treasure.  This is Idaho farm country hard working and friendly. The club is the best of the best but it is a small club by most standards.  The range it's self isn't small but just right, actually its Tony Tiger "GRRREAT", 12 bays all of them with it's own flavor and room enough to setup most anything.  The real treasure however is the people, the core group friendly, helpful and accommodating. Two things they specialize in is smiles and sweat which makes things run well.   Among the regular  shooters, most notably, are a couple of National  Champions, a gunfighter and frontier cartridge, they help the stages stay interesting and shootable.  If leaving the range after a day of shooting with a smile on your face is something you would like.  Then for sure look them up because It will be hard to wipe that silly grin off your face.

Don't forget but just north of there, located near Boise ID are the Oregon Trail Rough Riders and just north of that are the Sqaw Butte regulators.  I know it says I am from Oregon but I am right across the river from Idaho and shoot there often with the above mentioned clubs.   Bullett 19707

Archived