SASS Wire Forum

CZ Shotgun for Cowboy

Montie Montana

Hi all,

I am new to cowboy, but not to shooting competition, and looking at the CZ side x side for the shotgun.  It is hard to find the other brands like SKB or Miroku.  Does anyone have any first hand experience with this gun?  Long Hunter provides these guns and wanting to get some info.

Thanks in advance,

Scott 

I have a CZ Hammer Coach. It is a beautiful, quality external hammered SxS. Mine is hard to cock while on the clock so it is on its way to Johnny Meadows to be made match ready.

By the choice of your other shotguns mentioned I assume you don't mean Classic Cowboy which requires an external hammer SxS or Model 87. The CZ Sharptail  has internal hammers and is what you want (I think) I believe it is also a one-trigger shotgun much like the SKB.

The Sharptail done up by Longhunter  is excellent. Mine took me a bit to get used to it being 2” shorter barrels than my SKBs. I love the CC on the receiver, Wood is nice and excellent mechanical trigger operation.

Long Hunter is a man to trust. If he offers it & you like it, it's an excellent choice.

I just received my CZ Sharptail Coach from Long Hunter a couple weeks ago. Not a lot of experience with it yet, but I'm likin' it!

You can't go wrong with getting your equipment from Jim Finch of Longhunter's. Whatever choice for Scattergun you get they are ready to rock right out of the box. At least that has been my experience,

I have a CZ Sharptail that I got from Longhunter early this year and I love it. Everyone who has fired it has had compliments for it. Longhunter is top shelf to deal with.

Imis

When I first started with CAS I bought a CZ hammered coach gun thinking it was more “true cowboy”, but like @Cholla it was very hard to cock.  I wound up getting a hammerless SG.  It was a beautiful gun and except for the hammers worked great.  If I’m ever looking for another SG the Sharptail will be on the list.

I also have the Hammer Classic. Box stock, runs great, shucks anything except aluminum very well, smooth or ribbed.

I like it very much.

Archived