SASS Wire Forum

It is getting ugly...

Flatwater Monte

Rep. Nunez' district in California has had similar occurrences.  A farmer stacked hay bales and draped them with Trump and Nunez banners.  The stack was burned down.  The farmer made a new stack.  Same result.  They decided to drape the banners from a disused mobil home near the highway.  That too was burned to the ground.  Now, they have stacked three large steel conex boxes and installed the banners.  We'll see . . .

Evil, just evil.

50 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

Rep. Nunez' district in California has had similar occurrences.  A farmer stacked hay bales and draped them with Trump and Nunez banners.  The stack was burned down.  The farmer made a new stack.  Same result.  They decided to drape the banners from a disused mobil home near the highway.  That too was burned to the ground.  Now, they have stacked three large steel conex boxes and installed the banners.  We'll see . . .

Evil, just evil.

Jon Dolieslager, owner of the Tulare County Stockyard.  Well respected in the area.  "We don't want to fight. We don't want problems. We just want to show our support," Jon said.  The burned hay cost him between $5,000 and $10,000.  :(

Not his bales, but my godson has a hay ranch about five miles from where this happened.  

Image may contain: fire, sky and outdoor

I'd be out there with my shotgun, and my Doberman, and we would welcome anyone that came for a visit.

Vandalism has nothing to do with protesting anything.

If they get away with it, it will send a message to them, that it's acceptable behavior, and empower them to do it again.

There may be a vaccine for Covid-19, but there will never be one for STUPID !!!

10 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

Is that like 1/2 a million dollars in damage? I hope they find the people responsible.:angry:

Most likely well over a million dollars, $600,000 combine, $75,000 corn head, $400,000 tractor, 2 $75,000 wagons, 2 $200,000 semi tractors, 2 $80,000 grain trailers. That's replacement cost of course. 

8 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I'd be out there with my shotgun, and my Doberman, and we would welcome anyone that came for a visit.

If they get away with it, it will send a message to them, that it's acceptable behavior, and empower them to do it again.

The Misses and I were talking about this very thing last night. We own the local body shop. We are on the outskirts of town. I always keep a .22 in the truck for random varmint control, but one of my evil black rifles is no secured in the back seat and will most likely stay there for the duration. Never in a million years would I have expected this kind of thing to happen in our backyard. 

Not sure the exact cost of a shotgun shell loaded with rock salt, or even number 8's, but I reckon it would be a whole lot cheaper

than the cost to replace what one would lose.

Trust me, your insurance company may not pay off a dime, unless the policy is specifically written to cover such things.

I found that out the hard way this week.

What was that old saying...I think attributed to Benjamin Franklin? "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." 

3 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

What was that old saying...I think attributed to Benjamin Franklin? "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." 

I always thought that was from a Randy Travis song! :lol:

3 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Back in '16 there was a young man driving down the road and somehow he had two cameras set up in his car. One pointed forward and one pointed towards him, and he was making comments about things he saw in front of the car.

As he's driving along he sees some Trump campaign signs in a guy's yard, and he made delighted sounds, as he drove up into the yard and ran over the signs.

Then he posted this on Facebook or Twitter or some other social media thing place, using his own name.

The police came and arrested him.

There's a man down the street from me that has some Trump signs in his yard. I wondered if thoughts of something like that made him decide on where to put them. One is right next to his mailbox, which has a steel pole 3 inches in diameter. The other is next to a storm drain culvert. If someone came up into his yard to try to run over his signs, they would either hit that concrete culvert or they would hit that 3-inch steel pipe. Either of these would cause great damage to an automobile.

8 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Trust me, your insurance company may not pay off a dime,

When I was in the business, damage arising from civil unrest was absolutely excluded, and no company I knew would sell  the buy-back coverage.  He's screwed unless law enforcement helps him take it out of the hides of the perps.

11 hours ago, MizPete said:

When I was in the business, damage arising from civil unrest was absolutely excluded, and no company I knew would sell  the buy-back coverage.  He's screwed unless law enforcement helps him take it out of the hides of the perps.

Trail cameras are cheap and give the investors a place to start.  The perps hides are not worth the equipment cost.  Even high houred equipment would bring $100k.

For perspective, Jon Dolieslager's hay bale stacks that burned were probably 18' - 20' tall.

Sassparilla Kid snapped this shot of the new display as he drove past last Friday... Attaboy, Jon~!  ^_^

20201016_161619.thumb.jpg.4a40b565a7a334049a3f8d84db298ae0.jpg

On 10/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, MizPete said:

This is unlikely to be determined to be civil unrest; that’s like the declared riots in Minneapolis, Portland etc. This looks more to be like garden variety vandalism and ought to be covered by a decent policy. 

Seamus

27 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

This is unlikely to be determined to be civil unrest;

Looked like a politically-motivated riot to me, but you're right about the V&MM.  Betcha a cold one the insurer tries to deny the claim, at least on the first round.

They Caught the Booger*~!!  :lol:

Arsonist accused of torching Devin Nunes, Donald Trump signs arrested

Detectives have arrested the man they say is responsible for torching haystacks covered with Devin Nunes and Donald Trump campaign signs.

The large display on Avenue 384 and Road 80 had been intentionally burned down twice in two weeks, according to fire and sheriff's officials. Tulare County Stockyard owner Jon Dolieslager rebuilt the display valued at $5,000 before it went up in flames again on Oct. 10.

Investigators believe the incidents were politically motivated and later identified Adan Aguilar, 43, of New London, as a possible suspect.

On Oct. 12, detectives were speaking with potential witnesses in Traver when Aguilar drove by. Deputies tried to contact Aguilar but he fled in his car. After a brief pursuit, Aguilar was arrested and booked on unrelated charges.

*(Correction ~ "ALLEGED" booger.)  :rolleyes:

Was just told a story yesterday about an incident that happened in a bar in a small wide spot village in the open spaces of Wyoming. 

The token liberal guy got bold and climbed up on the bar and was attempting to set far to a Trump banner.  Others grabbed him and pulled him down.  He has relocated to a different county.  

On 10/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

These people are not stupid, they are evil. Their hatred and intolerance for people with views other than their own is well-documented, yet they continue to call their opponents all sorts of vile names as if they're the righteous ones. :rolleyes:

Archived