SASS Wire Forum

POSSIBLE terrorist attack

Utah Bob #35998

From reading the article, it is unclear if the authorities have a definite link with this hideous crime, and Islamic terrorists. 

But, it cannot be ruled out either. Could it possibly be coincidence that illustrations, and the murder happening, could be linked?

One of the problems we have is, it doesn't take long, when studying Islam, to find out that the books they consider "holy", advocate things that are not considered peaceful. Now, many muslims would never harm anyone, and are likely shocked that things like that happen. However, their writings make it clear that they are instructed to do so, against unbelievers/infidels, people of different faiths, and those that abandon the Islamic faith.

Saying it is a peaceful religion contradicts the writings, and the history of it.

Anything can be termed peaceful, if some of the followers are non-violent, and disregard the instructions.

They make excuses, and say it is not representative of the religion, to do, and advocate such things. Yet, the facts remain that their books and writings, instruct the followers to do such things. They have a definite problem in reconciling the writings, and sayings, and actions, with saying it is a peaceful religion.

It is painfully obvious that many take the writings seriously, and thus they act. Plenty of examples of that.

I often wondered what would prompt someone to strap a bomb to themselves, and blow themselves up, along with as many others as they can take with them. After doing some research, I found out why. It seems, the only way a muslim can be totally assured of gaining paradise, is to die in a holy war. If one does not do that, then they are never sure of their salvation, and are always worried about whether they are saved or not. They believe that when they die, their good deeds, and obedience, will be weighed against their evil deeds, and their disobedience, and if found wanting, they are forever lost, consumed by a monster, and cast into the fire. It is a works based religion, not a faith based one.

If they miss prayer, or a pilgrimage, or a fast, or a tithe, or a holy day, or anything, they could be in trouble, to their way of thinking. The only sure way, to gain paradise, is to die in a holy war. If you don't do that, then you may live in day to day fear that you have done something, or failed to do something, and will lose your salvation.

It seems like most muslims, especially in the west, do not study, in detail, their own religious writings, and it also seems they never ask any questions or bother to research it, on their on. They take what is taught them as truth, and never bother to see for themselves. In fact they are not encouraged to study the criticisms, of their faith, for themselves, or to ask questions. If they do study, and ask questions, they are usually limited to study and questions with others of their own group...and don't get input from outside sources. If is difficult to get an overall picture of something if you hear no constructive criticism.  

It might do everyone a lot of good to do some research on your own, to see that is what. That would entail effort, and dedication, and turning off the ballgame. I did, and I am shocked. I never knew the truth. I am still learning/researching. 

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

From reading the article, it is unclear if the authorities have a definite link with this hideous crime, and Islamic terrorists. 

My take on this thread is pointing out that double standard of the press. 

Always so eager to instantly blame any mass shooting on white supremacists,  racists, or the NRA with little or no evidence,  yet will hem and haw, dance and dodge and say that it is too early to call an attack that fits the pattern 

of mohammedean terrorism like a coat of paint mohammedean terrorism. 

A person shouting Allah akbar while shooting up a night club, government office, or part of a military base, or yelling it while attacking people with a knife on a California university campus,  could reasonably be assumed to be carrying out an act of mohammedean terrorism.   Just as this decapitation, a favorite method and the one specifically called for in mohammedean scripture,  right after the victim showed images of Mohammed,  can reasonably be assumed to be mohammedean terrorism. 

2 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

A bit more:

Buried in the Times report is information regarding the assailant, who is described by the paper merely as being of “Russian origin.” A few paragraphs later, the outlet acknowledges that witnesses told French media the attacker yelled “Allahu akbar” as he beheaded the teacher near the school. The man then threatened police officers with the knife he used to kill the teacher and refused to surrender. Police shot him 10 times, killing him.

Reuters deployed the same tactic when describing the assailant, first saying he was “born in Russia” and later saying he was of “Chechen origin.” The main religion in Chechnya is Islam.

A teenage Chechen immigrant cuts the head off of a teacher that had recently shown depictions of Mohamed in class while saying Allah is great in Arabic?

What would make you think that it might be terrorism or related to religion?-_-

Other than the facts of the matter, of course!

46 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A bit more:

Buried in the Times report is information regarding the assailant, who is described by the paper merely as being of “Russian origin.” A few paragraphs later, the outlet acknowledges that witnesses told French media the attacker yelled “Allahu akbar” as he beheaded the teacher near the school. The man then threatened police officers with the knife he used to kill the teacher and refused to surrender. Police shot him 10 times, killing him.

Reuters deployed the same tactic when describing the assailant, first saying he was “born in Russia” and later saying he was of “Chechen origin.” The main religion in Chechnya is Islam.

I remember when Reuters used to be the go to news source for unbiased just fact based news. AP was close but you had to be wary. 

4 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Saying it is a peaceful religion contradicts the writings, and the history of it.

The ‘peaceful’ disconnect comes because in the West, we interpret with a Judeo/Christian perspective. 

As I can understand it, Islam interprets ‘peace’ as ‘submission’ — to the will of Allah. 

To Islam, the world is divided into two areas. One is the area of conflict — Jihad. That’s where not everyone has submitted, and Muslims are contending with people of other faiths. The other is the area of peace, where all people are subject to Islam. 

That’s how a religion (I think actually, a political system with religious foundation) can have so many ‘enlightened’ people saying Islam is , ‘the religion of peace,’ and, ‘Islam is  just another religion like Christianity,’ while some of its followers run around cutting off people’s heads. 

3 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

There are terrorists here in the US right  now. They are waiting for opportunity. Don’t kid yourself. 

Only a fool would dispute that. The Feds foil dozens of plots each year. We will never hear about most of them.

I was listening to a former muslim speaking, the other day, in an interview on t.v., and he said, especially over in the middle east, that muslims listen and accept what their imam's, and religious leaders, tell them, without question, and they do not bother to research it, or find out if what they are being told is the truth, nor do they ask questions of the speakers. He stated it is just not done, or thought of. He said if they did that, it would insult the speakers, and embarrass the person's family, so they don't do it. He said the folks over there do not have the same mindset as the Americans, who, he said, listen, and research, and take notes, and question everything.

I thought that was a good thing for Americans, to do that...in addition to us liking to drink, smoke, and eat bacon.  Perhaps we won't be too easy to persuade, if we keep asking questions, researching, and checking up on what is said to us. He also stated it was ironic, that what the muslim men are forbidden to do in this life, is part of their rewards in their paradise, after they die. You'd think if it was okay there, it would be okay here. Go figure.

And I still wonder how people who support Islam (outside of "their" countries) continue to believe that, come the Jihad, their support will be honored.  Nope.  They'll still be infidels.

17 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

The ‘peaceful’ disconnect comes because in the West, we interpret with a Judeo/Christian perspective. 

As I can understand it, Islam interprets ‘peace’ as ‘submission’ — to the will of Allah. 

To Islam, the world is divided into two areas. One is the area of conflict — Jihad. That’s where not everyone has submitted, and Muslims are contending with people of other faiths. The other is the area of peace, where all people are subject to Islam. 

That’s how a religion (I think actually, a political system with religious foundation) can have so many ‘enlightened’ people saying Islam is , ‘the religion of peace,’ and, ‘Islam is  just another religion like Christianity,’ while some of its followers run around cutting off people’s heads. 

Islam is a cult not a religion. Most of the Koran was copied from the Christian old testament and the Jewish Torah. Since Mohammad couldn't read or write that was quite an accomplishment.

16 hours ago, MizPete said:

And I still wonder how people who support Islam (outside of "their" countries) continue to believe that, come the Jihad, their support will be honored.  Nope.  They'll still be infidels.

I'm puzzled by the blacks in America who convert to mohammedeanism because "it banned slavery" and "Christians supported slavery."  Yes, mohammedeanism bans enslaving other mohammedeans, but they were usually the go betweens from the blacks who sold other blacks into slavery and the European and American slavers.  It was those evil white Christians who were instrumental in ending the western slave trade.

33 minutes ago, Tascosa, SASS# 24838 said:

Islam is a cult not a religion.

More like a theocratic dictatorship.  A political system that poses as a religion.

23 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

A teenage Chechen immigrant cuts the head off of a teacher that had recently shown depictions of Mohamed in class while saying Allah is great in Arabic?

What would make you think that it might be terrorism or related to religion?-_-

Other than the facts of the matter, of course!

SJ,

You're going to confuse all of the press (International and National) with facts........don't be doing that.

Archived