SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

There used to be a famous mountainside restaurant in Arizona that would deliver a Cowboy Boot first if you ordered a well done steak (you got your steak as ordered after) - there was also some circumstance that got your tie cut off by the server with scissors.  That is a marker on how many years ago that was!

This is the place. I don't know if they still do the tie thing though. https://lilabnerssteakhouse.com/

In quite a good restaurant, lightly refreshed, I once specified Lamb chops just short of quivering. A Chef with a sense of humor - I got just seared / raw.. A laugh and sent them back, on the return, perfect! 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

image.jpeg.f0a566375b85ef005db44e21e536c6df.jpeg

MIL (RIP) would order a filet minon, butterflied, well done and usually send it back to be cooked some more!

Then she would use ketchup!:wacko:

(Good ole gal from the Texas panhandle):wub:

9 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

MIL (RIP) would order a filet minon, butterflied, well done and usually send it back to be cooked some more!

Then she would use ketchup!:wacko:

(Good ole gal from the Texas panhandle):wub:

My FIL (RIP) was the same! We took them to a nice dimmly lit steak house for their anniversary. I told the waiter on the side to only cook Dad's medium and I would take the heat if he got pizzed. To the day he passed he ranted and raved about how tender and good that steak was. We never dared to let him know!! 

21 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

image.jpeg.f0a566375b85ef005db44e21e536c6df.jpeg

....... well, .... if I have to leave (having been "politely yet firmly" asked to do so) can I take my 'adequately cooked to my request' steak with me ? ....... and maybe a little bit of that potato salad, and a bit of lettuce, and a slice or 2 of tomato ....... and don't forget the pineapple .......... :huh:

I'm strange - I'll admit that right from the get-go.

But if I go to a restaurant, I don't want their opinion on what I order. I just want them to bring me what I order. If I order my steak rare, I want it rare. If I order it well done, I want it well done.

If I ordered a steak well done and they brought me a boot, I believe I would throw it at the waiter.

If, for whatever reason (because whoever it was told about this never explained the reason behind it) they took a pair of scissors and cut off my neck tie, one or the other of us would be going to the hospital.

Archived