SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/5/2022 at 9:24 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

EEE5C3B5-F833-4CD6-A659-76EE1B0585AC.thumb.jpeg.e1d6db331b572989c60c7a5d723d8e99.jpeg

There are reasons that, despite the fact the man has been dead over 100 years, I’m still afraid of him.

”Death had to take Roosevelt sleeping, for if he had been awake, there would have been a fight.” - Thomas R. Marshall 

23 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b92eb9de083689da634a9cdd268855ea.jpeg

Only until they make it a Monday holiday!

Viva La Fiesta Nacional!  

A fellow had just been hired as the new CEO of a large high tech corporation. The CEO who was stepping down met with him privately and presented him with three numbered envelopes. "Open these if you run up against a problem you don't think you can solve," he said.

Well, things went along pretty smoothly, but six months later, sales took a downturn and he was really catching a lot of heat. About at his wit's end, he remembered the envelopes. He went to his drawer and took out the first envelope. The message read, "Blame your predecessor."

The new CEO called a press conference and tactfully laid the blame at the feet of the previous CEO. Satisfied with his comments, the press -- and Wall Street - responded positively, sales began to pick up and the problem was soon behind him.

About a year later, the company was again experiencing a slight dip in sales, combined with serious product problems. Having learned from his previous experience, the CEO quickly opened the second envelope. The message read, "Reorganize." This he did, and the company quickly rebounded.

After several consecutive profitable quarters, the company once again fell on difficult times. The CEO went to his office, closed the door and opened the third envelope.

The message said, "Prepare three envelopes."

Long about 1974, I was in college. I was either late 18 or early 19. And I was talking to this guy at the Student Union who seemed to be in his mid-20s.

Somehow the conversation rolled around to sports, and I told him that the only sport I was actually interested in was shooting.

He told me that he did not consider shooting to be a sport. He had had too much of shooting when he was in Vietnam.

With apologies to Utah Bob.

No, It's not Earl. He was a pet.

24607.jpg

• NApparently the Baby-Boomers all have motorcycles.
Generation X is only buying a few, and the next generation isn't buying any at all.
A recent study was done to find out why.
Here are 25 reasons why Millennials don't ride Harleys:
1. Pants won't pull up far enough for them to straddle the seat.
2. Can't get their phone to their ear with a helmet on.
3. Can't use 2 hands to eat while driving.
4. They don't get a trophy and a recognition plaque just for buying one.
5. Don't have enough strength to hold the bike up when stopped.
6. Might have a bug hit them in the face and then they would need emergency medical care or extensive psychological counseling.
7. Motorcycles don't have air conditioning.
8. They can't afford one because they spent 1 2 years in college working on a degree in Humanities, Art History, or Gender Studies for which no jobs are available.
9. They are allergic to fresh air.
10. Their pajamas get caught on the exhaust pipes.
11. They might get their hands dirty checking the oil.
12. The handle bars have buttons and levers and cannot be controlled by touch-screen or voice commands.
13. You have to shift manually and use something called a clutch.
14. It's too hard to take selfies while riding.
15. They don't come with training wheels like their bicycles did.
16. Harleys don't have power steering or power brakes.
17. Their nose ring interferes with the face shield.
18. They would have to use leg muscles to back up.
19. When stopped, a light breeze might blow exhaust fumes in their face and cause nearly instantaneous cancer.
20. It could rain on them and expose them to non-softened water.
21. Harleys burn gasoline and that supports the big oil companies.
22. Can't use both thumbs for texting while riding.
23. Can't use a Harley to earn extra money driving for Uber or Lyft.
24. Harleys don't provide enough sun protection for those spending most of their time playing video games in their Mom's basement.

25. The Harley roar would scare their therapy dog, and then the dog would need therapy.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Sometimes?  Hell, almost all the time.  If some of these idiots drive a car the  way they push a grocery cart they'll be lucky to live a week.

My personal pet peeve are the idiots that slowly amble down an aisle while walking BESIDE the cart. Thereby taking up enough room that in most stores you can't get by them.

I have moved carts out of the way and if someone leaves one unattended I've moved them about two aisles over.

I also doesn't help that the stores have turned their aisles over to venders who stack crap in the aisles to the point that they block traffic.  Another guy and I moved a dozen or so out of the way one Saturday afternoon or turned then square with shelving to clear pathways.

And I'm not beyond asking someone to move their cart, take their conversations someplace else, or work their computers out of the way.

I get a lot of dirty looks and sometimes some rude comments, but I also get a lot of smiles and "thank you"s

I was leaving Target yesterday when a storm gust blew up.  The parking lot was full of empty carts.  It was on the verge of raining and the cart attendants were no where to be found.  The wind was blowing so strongly empty carts were moving across the parking lot at high speeds, careening into each other and coming very close to parked cars.  One conscientious customer rounded up all the carts near him and his vehicle and took them to the nearest corral to keep them from damaging other customers vehicles.   

Archived