SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

13 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The National Guard in LA to help quash the riots had NO ammunition. True story. Turner’s Outdoorsman and B&B Sales offered them 30,000 rounds but they wouldn’t take it because they were not approved suppliers. 

Now on with the funny stuff. As if that isn’t funny enough. 

Buffalo isn't LA and sure wasn't then, but as I said, I couldn't substantiate my recollection online.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Every time I see that joke I think of the Rodney King Riots.

Marines from Camp Pendleton were seconded to the Los Angeles law enforcement agencies as back up and security.  Not long after they arrived some LEOs needed to enter a building, I don't recall if it was reported that a person was shooting from inside the building or if a man with a gun had gone into it, and told the Marines with them to cover them as they went in. Well....

after about ten seconds of suppressing fire it was explained to the Marines that the term has a slightly different meaning in law enforcement.

My unit would have done the same thing without clarifying instruction. "cover me" means suppressive fire.

On 8/10/2022 at 7:44 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.eea0b687b3af3a2c23830bef0d65b980.jpeg

We had a "light duty" day one Saturday in November when I was in the Guard (read: someone had scheduled drill during the Ohio State / Michigan game). Tables were set up on the drill floor and the afternoon was to be spent cleaning weapons by those who were available to do so, while a borrowed large screen TV played the preliminaries and the game.

I was doing my part, and had just stepped up and was signing for an M-16 when our Battery Commander tapped me on the shoulder said he needed me for a task and to turn it back in. I handed it back to the Sergeant and he popped it open and pulled the BCG and looked at it and in all seriousness said "this weapon is still dirty, I won't accept it back in this condition."

Our BC, a mild mannered Captain who I am pretty sure is on the Aspergers portion of the Autistic Spectrum and doesn't drink, smoke, cuss, etc.. turned red, dropped a couple of choice expletives, shocking everyone in hearing distance, then implied that if the Sergeant didn't take the weapon back, and now, he, his mother, his wife, his children, and possibly children yet to be born would regret his decision. I've never seen a person turn that pale before and still have a pulse. He took the weapon back.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

image.jpeg.104a38ff11c9e40d4d55d948bbc18ddc.jpeg

I can't touch that one :lol:

Archived