SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would have been quite costly, if I was the rancher.

Let's say I got a cow. The market price for that cow on the hoof is $600 (I have absolutely no idea what cattle go for). You come up to me and say that you would like to shoot my cow and take it to the house, and how much? I tell you $600, you give me six benjamins, and you shoot your cow.

But you shoot my $600 cow, and then tell me you want to pay for it and take it home? Finest kind. $3,000.

People say it's easier to get forgiveness that it is to get permission. Maybe so. But not with my stuff.

Well, I get a half from a rancher friend every year, can't recall the weight, but I think, processed it was $3.49 a pound last year.  A great deal of grass fed beef.  I know that the last few years, Ranchers have not doing well even with prices exploding at retail.  It was a Rancher who told me the story, and he found it amusing.  I do as well, because we are extremely well populated with game - two kinds of deer, antelope, and Elk in season, Turkeys, Pheasant, etc..  This morning my house was literally surrounded by Mule Deer at pistol range.

If you read the book series - Percy Jackson and the Olympians - he mentions that many of the halflings (the Olympians in the series title refer to children born of the Greek gods and human parents, thus half god,thus halfling) many of the halflings have ADD. It helps with their combat readiness. They're not just concentrating on one thing, to the exclusion of everything else. Everything that comes in their frame of reference gets noticed.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Doctors got together to study the effects of alcohol on a person's walk, and the results were staggering.

I might've been a participant in some such study at some time in my past...  :rolleyes:

A policeman pulled over a fellow at 2 a.m. and asked where he was heading.

“I’m on my way to a lecture on the evils of alcohol,” he said. “The lecture also will include warnings about smoking and staying out late.”

“Really,” the officer said. “Who is giving a lecture this time of night?”

“My wife,” the man replied.

Archived