SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The annoying thing to me is not nurses and doctors. If the receptionist in an office.

Hello, can I speak to Mr Smith?

May I tell him who's calling?

Yes this is Mr Jones.

But then when Mr Smith comes on the phone, he has no idea who he is talking to.

Why does the receptionist ask who you are, if she's not going to tell him? How difficult is it to say Mr smith, Mr Jones is on line 2?

14 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

sign-have-we-tried-throwing-politician-into-volcano-to-appease-virus-yet.jpg

Naw.  Volcano would just spit 'im out.  :mellow:

However, it's probably easier to find corrupt politicians than virgins these days....  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

... endorsed by Bruce Jenner ......   

Actually, giving credit where credit is due, [former california gubernatorial candidate] Jenner is firmly opposed to it:  :ph34r:

Jenner

45 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Actually, giving credit where credit is due, [former california gubernatorial candidate] Jenner is firmly opposed to it:  :ph34r:

Jenner

ok, .... ok, ..... I fixed it, I hope yer satisfied now .....   

:P

3 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

ok, .... ok, ..... I fixed it, I hope yer satisfied now .....   

:P

Heck... you wouldn't have known ~ [s]he wasn't trying to be your governor!  :rolleyes:

(But would've been a heck of an improvement over what we have!!)  :(

On 1/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Dad flew Whales with VQ-1. Was also sqdn maintenance officer. They must’ve been phasing them out when you worked on ‘em. 

BTW, I have the complete NATOPS Flight Manual for the P-3/A/B/C. It's the size of city phone book!

Was there 84 to 86.  Was in Memphis at advanced Electronic school when Ranger 12 was lost because the Squadron CO was an incompetent @$$hat.

That was the nail in the coffin for the EA-3s. A couple of months later they pulled them off all the carriers.

Guy in my class had a patch on his flight jacket with a picture of a Whale wiith a broken back. It had "I survived a 1/2 cat Shot" across the top and VQ-1 det something I can't remember across the bottom.  One cat hook broke during a night launch but the bridle got hung up on the shuttle and pulled the jet sideways down the deck towards the pointy end. A little over 1/2 through the stroke the other hook finally broke. and they stopped sitting crossways of the deck. He said 3 of the 7 crew members signed their page 13 that night and quit flying.

After school I wound up in TACLRON 34. We had ERA-3s and EA-7s

VAQ-34 TACELRON 34 Aggressors Patch Us Navy Uss Nas Pin Up Pt Mugu Veteran  Nr - $9.94 | PicClick

10 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Heck... you wouldn't have known ~ [s]he wasn't trying to be your governor!  :rolleyes:

(But would've been a heck of an improvement over what we have!!)  :(

two rocks and a rotted log would be better than what we have now.    Just sayin':ph34r:

Archived