SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Indians on a remote reservation in Oklahoma asked their new chief if the coming winter was going to be cold or mild.

Since he was a chief in modern society, he had never been taught the old secrets. When he looked at the sky, he couldn't tell what the winter was going to be like.

Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, he told his tribe that the winter was indeed going to be cold and that the members of the village should collect firewood to be prepared.

But, being a practical leader, after several days, he got an idea. He went to the phone booth, called the National Weather Service and asked, 'Is the coming winter going to be cold?'

'It looks like this winter is going to be quite cold,' the meteorologist at the weather service responded.

So the chief went back to his people and told them to collect even more firewood in order to be prepared.

A week later, he called the National Weather Service again. 'Does it still look like it is going to be a very cold winter?'

'Yes,' the man at National Weather Service again replied, 'it's going to be a very cold winter.'

The chief again went back to his people and ordered them to collect every scrap of firewood they could find.

Two weeks later, the chief called the National Weather Service again. 'Are you absolutely sure that the winter is going to be very cold?'

'Absolutely,' the man replied. 'It's looking more and more like it is going to be one of the coldest winters we've ever seen.'

'How can you be so sure?' the chief asked.

The weatherman replied, 'The Indians are collecting a ****load of firewood'

F75B0730-EFE8-4A08-925C-535B8992D609.png

6 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

FB_IMG_1621392888397.jpg

Capitan's Spiced Rum and Cola?

We usually have that around Christmas and New Years with Egg Nog.

A kid went to his dad and asked him where babies come from. He said: Adam & Eve had babies, and and their kids grew up and had babies, and so on. 

The kid went to his mom, and asked her where babies come from. She said, well. we started out as goo in a river, and over a long time we grew to be apes, and later apes became humans.

The kid rushed back to the dad and said you lied to me, and told him what mom had said.

The dad then said, no, I did not lie to you. Your mom was talking about HER side of the family! 

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

My friend told me he had the body of a Greek god.

I had to explain to him that buddha was NOT Greek!

Must... Not... Be... Pedantic

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Go ahead Doc. Never mind. I'll do it for you.

BUDDHA WAS NOT A GOD. :P

Exactly!!!

As an aside, he also wasn't fat. The Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama) was noted for being thin, not fat. The "Fat Buddha" that people confuse with Siddhartha Buddha was a 10th century Chinese monk by the name of Budai.

1 minute ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

No, but his friend was shaped like budda. 

See above

Okay....If we have to be nit-picky about a joke...

Most folks are too ignorant to know what the real budda looked like, and most could not care less. They have a mental image in their minds, historically accurate or not, of the statues of a little fat, short, man, that they have seen in shops, on the media, and in movies/television, or in the dorm room, put there by their room-mate, and they also have a mental image, accurate or not, about what a Greek "god" looked like. If the joke was historically accurate, it would not be humorous in the least, if, indeed, it ever was. 

S#*& Fire!!!

I am done with this post.  

Color me gone.

11 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

Okay....If we have to be nit-picky about a joke...

Most folks are too ignorant to know what the real budda looked like, and most could not care less. They have a mental image in their minds, historically accurate or not, of the statues of a little fat, short, man, that they have seen in shops, on the media, and in movies/television, or in the dorm room, put there by their room-mate, and they also have a mental image, accurate or not, about what a Greek "god" looked like. If the joke was historically accurate, it would not be humorous in the least, if, indeed, it ever was. 

S#*& Fire!!!

I am done with this post.  

Color me gone.

I certainly don’t intend to cause hard feelings, and offer my apologies for causing the thread to take that turn.

I’m a Buddhist, but I didn’t take offense to the joke, and even do find a bit of humor in it. I will readily admit to having a pedantic streak though, hence my original comment. 

5 hours ago, DocWard said:

I’m a Buddhist, but I didn’t take offense to the joke, and even do find a bit of humor in it. I will readily admit to having a pedantic streak though, hence my original comment. 

My ex-wife is Buddhist. There was a time when she was so hard-core into it that she was starting to become really hard to live with, and she created a shrine in the living room and wouldn't let me go near it. In retaliation I made a shrine to John Moses Browning in my man cave with his picture and offerings of .45ACP cartridges and 1911 mags.

Yeah, I'm an a-hole.

41 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

My ex-wife is Buddhist. There was a time when she was so hard-core into it that she was starting to become really hard to live with, and she created a shrine in the living room and wouldn't let me go near it. In retaliation I made a shrine to John Moses Browning in my man cave with his picture and offerings of .45ACP cartridges and 1911 mags.

Yeah, I'm an a-hole.

So, you’re not saying I need to take my John Moses Browning shrine down, right?

Edit: Anyone who gets overzealous about religion gets on my nerves. I try not wave my beliefs around, but I try not to hide them any longer, either.

(I don't know what otto is doing, but I sure wish he would stop - I saw a Buddhist m

Sam's the other dday)

I SAW A BUDDHIST MONK IN SAM'S THE OTHER DAY

At least I presume he was a Buddhist monk. Oriental, short hair but not a shaved head - closer to a crew cut. Sandals. Wearing a yellow robe.

photo-1594065476965-80041d6d8ce8?ixlib=r

Unlike this guy he was wearing a shirt underneath it. Like an "almost the same shade of yellow" t-shirt.

I suppose he came from here - a place that I did not know existed until just now when I looked it up.

http://quanamnamhai.org/

Archived