SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IRISH GHOST STORY.....

This story happened a while ago in Dublin, and even though it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it's true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

John Bradford, a  Dublin University student, was on the side of the road hitch-hiking on a very dark night and in the midst of a big storm.

The night was rolling on and no car went by. The storm was so strong he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. 

Suddenly, he saw a car slowly coming towards him and stopped.   John, desperate for shelter and without thinking about it, got into the car and closed the door.....only to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine wasn't running. 

The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road ahead and saw a curve approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his life. Then, just before the car hit the curve, a hand appeared out of nowhere through the window, and turned the wheel. John, paralyzed with terror, watched as the hand came through the window, but never touched or harmed him.  

Shortly thereafter, John saw the lights of a pub appear down the road, so, gathering strength, he jumped out of the car and ran to it. Wet and out of breath, he rushed inside and started telling everybody about the horrible experience he had just had.

A silence enveloped the pub when everybody realized he was crying.....and wasn't drunk.  
Suddenly, the door opened, and two other people walked in from the dark and stormy night. They, like John, were also soaked and out of breath. Looking around, and seeing John Bradford sobbing at the bar, one said to the other...

'Look Paddy.....there's that fooking idiot that got in the car while we were pushing it!'

1 hour ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:
Why do chicken coops have two doors?
Because if they had four doors, they’d be chicken sedans

Jack, here in the States, a two-door car is a coupe. That is a French word, and is correctly pronounced coo-pay, but most people just say coop.

In Britain, the four-door car is a saloon. I don't know if you call it that in Oz, or if you have a different term, but again here in the States, it is a sedan.

And I think we both are supposed to be speaking English.

51 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Jack, here in the States, a two-door car is a coupe. That is a French word, and is correctly pronounced coo-pay, but most people just say coop.

In Britain, the four-door car is a saloon. I don't know if you call it that in Oz, or if you have a different term, but again here in the States, it is a sedan.

And I think we both are supposed to be speaking English.

Wow. Four door cars are good in Britain? I'd be seen in a saloon.

5 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:
Why do chicken coops have two doors?
Because if they had four doors, they’d be chicken sedans

If you look at this post, which is two posts above mine, you will see the confused icon. When I made my post, there was only one confused icon there, and it was Wallaby Jack.

I assumed he was confused because he is Australian and therefore did not speak American and might not understand our terms for certain models of cars.

So I explained what the terms were.

I'm sorry that this apparently confused many of you, and I had to explain it.

Is anyone still confused?

13 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Two countries separated by a common language.

Add Australia and it's three.

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

If you look at this post, which is two posts above mine, you will see the confused icon. When I made my post, there was only one confused icon there, and it was Wallaby Jack.

I assumed he was confused because he is Australian and therefore did not speak American and might not understand our terms for certain models of cars.

So I explained what the terms were.

I'm sorry that this apparently confused many of you, and I had to explain it.

Is anyone still confused?

Usually.

10 hours ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

image.png.f841b94903c3657b0dce7871691615cb.png

Don't read Alpo's Post Joe, Back to the basement, it's 8:00 in the morning and we're putting a cap on your day.

A man goes to a fortune teller to see his future.
The fortune teller says: "Oh, I see that on Friday, your wife will die."
"I already know that," replies the man, "what I need to know is whether I will be arrested..."

I got fired from the unemployment office on Friday.
My boss said, “Clean our your desk, and I’ll see you in the office on Monday.”

I don't know what the big deal is about Black Friday. All Fridays matter.

I thought Friday was a sad day...
Turns out the next day was a sadder day.

My bank was worried
My bank called asking if my credit card had been stolen. They were concerned because it hadn't been used at the liquor store since last Friday.

Archived