SASS Wire Forum

Tonight's repast

Utah Bob #35998

Here's a definite change of pace for us. Out of a kidney friendly cookbook. Shrimp and Bak Choy in parchment paper. Onions, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, jalapeno, cider vinegar, honey, and lime juice. I added a bit of Sriacha to kick it up a notch. with broccoli florets and chw mein noodles. (and my genuine war trophy chopsticks) Very pleasantly surprised. It was darn good. ;) I added a bit of sriracha to ik it uop a notch.  And a  bit of Gekkeikan Sake just the way Bond likes it.:D

Shrinp-BakChoy.jpg

The bok choy was surprisingly filling. I have lost 35 pounds since last year. But this had nothing to do with that. This was from a cookbook on meals for kidney disease patients. I have to learn a whole new story of cooking for Carol now.

16 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The bok choy was surprisingly filling. I have lost 35 pounds since last year. But this had nothing to do with that. This was from a cookbook on meals for kidney disease patients. I have to learn a whole new story of cooking for Carol now.

If I had to eat with chopsticks, I'd lose 35 pounds also. I guess that I could always sharpen them to catch and kill some hotdogs and eat them.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Broccoli is only edible if it's covered in cheese sauce.  

I really like broccoli, though I didn't as a kid. Key #1 is to not overcook it; should stay bright green. Put on a little olive oil.

Good for you, as ma would say....

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Broccoli is only edible if it's covered in cheese sauce.  It's hard to mess up a shrimp but I don't know about the rest of that stuff.  I guess we do what it takes to keep them healthy.

I agree with President George H. W. Bush about brocolli...and there's way too much green on that plate.

Well. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Had some raw bok choy in my salad today. It was fine. Like cabbage or lettuce. Not like Kale. Cooked, it needs some additions. But a good cook can do that.

5 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I really like broccoli, though I didn't as a kid. Key #1 is to not overcook it; should stay bright green. Put on a little olive oil.

Good for you, as ma would say....

Fresh, with olive oil or butter it’s fine. Overcooked, it’s nasty.

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

If I had to eat with chopsticks, I'd lose 35 pounds also. I guess that I could always sharpen them to catch and kill some hotdogs and eat them.:rolleyes:

I was just in a mood. Took me a little longer. I’m out of practice. But that’s good. I tend to eat too fast anyway according to Carol. :D

1 hour ago, MizPete said:

Nothing wrong with chopsticks.  Little kids in China use them.  And I like baby bok choy.

These I’ve had since 1970. Captured from the North Vietnamese. Probably says , “Eat at Chang’s. Hanoi’s Finest Take Out”. :D

5E1615C6-5304-4398-AE7E-89158C4CF60D.jpeg

Archived