SASS Wire Forum

Fall in the Southwest

Utah Bob #35998

Took a drive up to the National Forest about 20 miles from where Utah Bob and I live. The last one id the trees on the island in my pond at my place. No filters used, just used my phone camera. Yep...blue sky for sure.1950110765_FallColores012.thumb.JPG.48c1067853127e9d44dddac95d5f31d5.JPG527525164_FallColores016.thumb.JPG.e27c42ab36be93b01dcff804fc549ed1.JPG411429773_FallColores001.thumb.JPG.41c66f35b62ff501cc1a0469b97f5def.JPG

30 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

If the sky is that blue during the day, then maybe you can confirm some rumors I have heard... At night I have heard people talk of things called stars....;)

And planet! And a big round thing called Luna. :P

2 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

What are you hunting with?

Bear bow. Hers is a Bowtech. Sorry for the hijack Bob.

IMG_20201015_181937859.jpg

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I'd love to move to the southwest but it would be too expensive to do so.

Why....cost of living here is pretty low compared to a lot of the country.

We have some nice colors going here at the moment. Had  to run my co-worker down to New Philly to pick up his bike yesterday. Beautiful ride, lots of reds and oranges and golds. Currently raining here at this time, might knock a bunch off the trees.:blush:

Jes sayin' .......Northeast Ohio can hold its own when it comes to fall colors. First picture is my driveway. Second is the lane at the family farm.

IMG_20201016_121337564.jpg

IMG_20201016_120956989.jpg

Fall ain't arrived here, yet.  But, all it will do, when it does arrive, is more quickly dry out the cow-patty's, that are on the bald faced prairie.

I would like to live in a place that had four distinct seasons, instead of two....hot, and hot as hell...and of course, be a conservative place as well.

Trees would be nice too. 

About all we have around here are Mesquite bushes, and hackberry's.  A hackberry is pretty useful, however. If you were pushed out of an airplane, and all you had was a hackberry limb. You'd survive the fall. Just hold it out from you, and it's bound to catch on something.

It is said the only thing we have between here, and the north pole, is a barbed wire fence...with the gate down!

Oh well...

If the devil owned hell, and Texas, he would live in hell, and rent out Texas.

Yellow is the predominant Fall color is the Southwest.  Here is a Rio Grande Cottonwood in my neighbor's yard.  These trees are sacred to local pueblo members.

image.png.80185fede8d7f5a4d6333bdaca137141.png

Archived