SASS Wire Forum

Matches in Central AZ on Thanksgiving???

Cholla

I just hooked my soon to be SIL into going to his first match at the Whiskey Row Gunslingers last weekend. He is coming down to shoot... I mean... see my daughter over Thanksgiving. Are there any close matches (Prescott area/Yavapai County) scheduled?

There is a match in Tombstone over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Painted Lady, Desert Scorpion and myself will be attending.

Driving Las Vegas to Tombstone on T day; playing tourist all day on Friday - shooting Sat and Sun.  

Unknown.jpeg.b2f497380772b121880202857a9dfc10.jpeg

October/November 2020 

Current News 

The China Virus has changed everything for us shooters this summer. It's hard to keep up with just which club is shooting and which is not. So all I can tell you is check the websites, check with the organizers before you gear up to go shooting.

In spite of all this, it looks like we have a lot of matches coming up ... 

The Old Pueblo Shootists Association is excited to announce a 2nd monthly WBAS match at the Tombstone Livery just north of Tombstone, AZ. This match will occur on the 2nd Sunday each month, starting on October 11th.

Coming Events

PIMA Cowboys first two day match - October 10 & 11, 2020. Pima Cowboys is hosting their 1st 2 day match October 10 and 11 at the Pima Pistol Club. Sign up on Practiscore or pay on your way in. First shot down range at 9 am. For more information, email oldpug@q.com.

Chino Valley - October 18. It’s a new month and it’s time to start thinking about having another Cowboy Action Match at The Compass Training Center (www.compasstrainingaz.org) in Chino Valley on Sunday October 18th. I’m asking that you send me an e-mail at gwlusk@att.netonce again, so I can keep track of how many shooters and assign posses.  This also helps with registration.

Cowtown BT Blast– October 17 & 18, 2020 This is a two day match, 10 stages, $30 entry. Winter hours, 8am Registration, Hammers down at 9am. Click Here for the application. Fill it out on-line, print it, circle your category and either bring it to a match at Cowtown or Mail it to the address on the form. 

It's Not Bordertown - October 24 & 25, 2020. This is a 12 stage match at the newly renovated Tombstone Livery. The match is currently full. If you wish to be put on the wait list, email oldpug@q.com. This is the NEW Livery - All bays were regraded and bay floors changed to redirect water flow (if it ever rains again), berms built back up and walls packed, parking areas graded and road down smoothed and improved. It looks brand new! (The usual OPSA WB match this weekend is canceled.)

OPSA Duel in the Desert - November 27-29, 2020. This three day event will feature a 6 stage Wild Bunch match on Friday, and a 12 stage Cowboy Match with 6 stages each on Saturday and Sunday. This is limited to 125 shooters. Click Here for the application. 

Cowtown Shootout in the Saguaros - December 5 & 6, 2020. This is a two day match, 10 stages $40 entry, 8am Registration, Hammers Down at 9am.Click Here for the application, Fill it out on-line, print it, circle your category and either bring it to a match at Cowtown or Mail it to the address on the form.

Future Events

Cowtown 2021 Arizona State Wild Bunch Championship February 13 & 14, 2021. Click Here for the application. Fill it out on-line, print it, circle your category and either bring it to a match at Cowtown or Mail it to the address on the form.

Cowtown Fire & Ice 2021 – February 20 & 21, 2021 Click Here for the application. Fill it out on-line, print it, circle your category and either bring it to a match at Cowtown or Mail it to the address on the form. 

If anyone has news that would be of interest to the other Cowboy shooters in Arizona, please email me with details and I will publish the information in the next newsletter. 

Download Monthly Calendars Here

October (Updated) 

November

Event Listing 

Club

When

Website

Where

Rio Salado

1st Saturday

Rio Salado

East of Phoenix

CCSA

1st Sunday

Cowtown

North of Phoenix

Old Pueblo Shootist

1st Sunday

Old Pueblo

Near Tombstone

ACSA

2nd Saturday

ACSA

North of Phoenix

Pima Pistol Club Cowboys

2nd Saturday

Pima Cowboys

Directions
North of Tucson

Whiskey Row Gunslingers

2nd Sunday

Whiskey Row

Near Prescott

Old Pueblo Shootist Wild Bunch

2nd Sunday

Old Pueblo

Near Tombstone

CCSA

3rd Saturday

Cowtown

North of Phoenix

Los Vaqueros

3rd Saturday

Los Vaqueros

Near Tombstone

Northern AZ Territory Cowboys

3rd Saturday

Email
Coconino Pistolero

Directions
East of Flagstaff

White Mountain Old West Shooters

3rd Saturday

WMOWS

NE of St. Johns

Mohave Sportsman's Club Cowboy

3rd Sunday

MSC Cowboy Shooters

SW of Kingman

Yavapai Rangers

4th Saturday

Yavapai

Near Cottonwood

Dusty Bunch

4th Saturday

Dusty Bunch

Near Casa Grande

Old Pueblo Shootist Wild Bunch

4th Saturday

Old Pueblo

Near Tombstone

CCSA Wild Bunch

4th Sunday

Cowtown

North of Phoenix

Colorado River Shootists

4th Sunday

Colorado River Shootists

Near Yuma

Cowboy Resources 

Firearm Sales & Repair

Cowboys and Indian Store - Jim Bowie

Website

Match Ready Long Guns

Palo Verde Gunworks - Palo Verde

Website

Cowboy Firearms

Taylor's & Company

Website

Cowboy Firearms

Legendary Guns

Website

Cowboy Firearms

Long Hunter Shooting Supply

Website

Replica Firearms

F.LLI Pietta

Website

Henry Rifles

Henry Repeating Arms

Website

Firearm Sales & Repair

Squibber's Old Western Gun Repair

Website

Cowboy Firearm Accessories

SliXprings - Ol #4

Website

BP Pistol Capper

Polish Cappers

Website

Cast Bullets

Bang N Clang

Website

Cast Bullets

Badman Bullets

Website

Cast Bullets

Colorado Cast Bullets - San Juan

Website

Cast Bullets

Bear Creek Supply

Website

Cowboy Ammo

Blackhills

Website

Shooting, Reloading Accessories

UniqueTek

Website

Reloading Presses & Accessories

Dillon Precision

Website

Redding Reloading Equipment

Website

Spolar Power Load

Website

Custom Engraving

Klassic Laser Works - Tazz

Website

Handgun Grips

Altamont Company

Website

Gun Carts

Rugged Gear

Website

Period Clothing & Accessories

Wild West Mercantile

Website

Period Clothing & Accessories

Vintage Cowgirls of Tombstone

Website

Custom Holsters

Mernickle Custom Holsters

Website

Western Hats

D BAR J Hat Co

Website

Western Belt Buckles & Jewelry

Lone Star Silversmith

Website

Brass for Reloading

Starline Brass

Website

3 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

playing tourist all day on Friday

You could always shoot the DitD WBAS match Friday morning and then be touristy in the afternoon. If anyone is looking to try it out, I'd be happy to set you up with gear, guns, and ammo.

Since he HAS to spend some time with the daughter and then had back to Ft. Carson, I guess I better see what days he can shoot. Thanks All.

Archived