SASS Wire Forum

Great warmer upper for lunch.

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Back when I was still working I had a cup of soup at a client's house.  I commented about how good it was and how it would help while I was out in the cold working around.

A couple of days later he and his wife brought me oval yellow and red plastic container.  It had a flour-like meal.  You make a cup (I usually make two).  Follow the directions unless you want it stronger, and I do.  Add a drop or do of original Tabasco and a dash of salt and pepper.

Now, her's the good part:  it's called Osem consomme, a vegetable product in made in Israel.  It's Kosher, if that matters to anyone, and it's strangely satisfying and filling.

I made up a Thermos bottle full last winter when I was shoveling snow and didn't feel the cold much at all.

Try it.

PS, if you drink two cups of this a day with a soft drink and nothing else until supper you will lose weight, an unadvertised side effect.

From my own personal experiences...if it is Kosher, and if it is made in Israel, it will be good, and good for you.

I am not Jewish, but on doctor's orders, because of my type 2 diabetes, he put me on a strict low glycemic food plan, and that food plan, coincidentally, happens to be kosher. I don't think he prescribed that food plan on purpose to be kosher, it just landed that way.

My spouse was diagnosed with stage 4 uterine cancer in 2016. She had the operation, but chose to do no chemo. Radiation was not offered.

Her homeopathic doctor put her on a nearly identical food plan, as the one I am on. Her blood cancer marker numbers are now within normal parameters.

Her surgeon told her, when she found out my spouse was refusing chemo, that, and I quote: "you're are going to die."

Well...you know, Doc...it just ain't up to you.

Alternative treatments are out there, and so far, they are working for her.

You know...back in the distant past, I remember being told in science class, in elementary school, that "you are what you eat".

Seems like our diet does have a major effect on our health, and healing, after all.

Who knew? 

W.K.  

Archived