SASS Wire Forum

See a resemblance

Dutch Wheeler

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Resemblance? One hates everyone and everything that doesn't agree with his world views. The other is our United States Attorney General.

I must admit, while I'm not a huge fan of Elton John, he has never struck me as being particularly hateful. It seems he has attempted to build bridges where possible, whether performing with Eminem, who had been accused of writing homophobic lyrics, or writing a note to President Trump politely declining to play at his inauguration (he played at Trump's wedding to Melania), because he was a British citizen, but remaining hopeful about Trump's presidency. Elton John was one of a number of artists who penned a letter to keep music from being dragged into politics, but as far as I know, he hasn't done anything regarding the use of 'I'm Still Standing' at the RNC.

I googled "Elton John outraged" and interestingly enough, he was outraged at Dolce & Gabbana for comments made about gay adoption and in vitro fertilization, because he felt it attacked his sons. I can see being outraged in defense of one's children , personally.

Yup... Sir Elton has strongly encouraged other performers to just keep out of politics.

I've been to two of his performances and thoroughly enjoyed 'em both.  The first, I wisely brought ear plugs - the sound volume was uncomfortably loud; that was the venue, not him.  The other, the man was obviously ill.  Actually sounded good, but we were close enough to the stage that we could see he was evidently in distress.  He was a trouper, though, and gave it his all.  It was later reported that he'd had the flu but did not want to disappoint his fans.

That said, the picture above IS funny!  :lol:

12 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I thought that HE was the wife!:huh:

Could be!! Maybe they switch every other month??:P

A phobia is simply defined as: fear of something, or, sometimes defined as: excessive fear of an object or situation. 

Just because some disagree with that choice of lifestyle, doesn't mean they are afraid of them, or their lifestyle. 

Just may mean they are in disagreement. Disagreement doesn't necessarily equate with fear.

Yet, seems like if one is in disagreement, one may be subjected to being negatively labeled, and criticized.

Looks like folks are pretty free to chart their own course in life...but not necessarily free to have an opposing opinion....especially about certain topics. 

I think it was not always this way. Perhaps this is a product of today's mindset. 

My wife and I had tickets for his farewell tour. Rescheduled to 2022 due to COVID. Hope he lives that long. 

17 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

One hates everyone and everything that doesn't agree with his world views.

You need to learn more about the man before spouting falsehoods. He speaks up in support of LGBTQ issues, for obvious reasons. He’s one of the nicest people in show business.   And, he actively tries to build bridges. 

Hates?  Nope. 

14 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Yup... Sir Elton has strongly encouraged other performers to just keep out of politics.

I've been to two of his performances and thoroughly enjoyed 'em both.  The first, I wisely brought ear plugs - the sound volume was uncomfortably loud; that was the venue, not him.  The other, the man was obviously ill.  Actually sounded good, but we were close enough to the stage that we could see he was evidently in distress.  He was a trouper, though, and gave it his all.  It was later reported that he'd had the flu but did not want to disappoint his fans.

That said, the picture above IS funny!  :lol:

1. The volume at concerts...and movie theaters these days prevents us from attending.

2. Thanks for not saying he was a trooper. That drives me nuts. ;)

53 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

1. The volume at concerts...and movie theaters these days prevents us from attending.

2. Thanks for not saying he was a trooper. That drives me nuts. ;)

Like fingernails on a chalkboard!!  

19 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

It would sure be nice if Demi Lovato heeded that advice. She just can't seem to keep her mouth shut when it comes to her hatred of gun owners, conservatives and especially Donald Trump.

I remember reading where Elton John threw in his support for gun control, so I lumped him in with all the other leftist haters in the entertainment industry. I certainly understand him being passionate about LBTQ issues... but I do wish all these entertainers would stick to their jobs and stop trying to act like they know more about politics than the rest of us. They're no different than taxi cab drivers... just richer and better-looking.

Those two don’t resemble each other nearly as much as Joe Biden resembles Jeff Dunham’s Walter!!

Oddly enough, Walter would probably make a better presidential candidate than Joe, seeing as how he’s far more intelligent and in better possession of his faculties!!

On 10/14/2020 at 4:50 PM, Dutch Wheeler said:

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a resemblance?

image.png.fb87da9cec8662b1dcc7b1cc8db792f1.png

They get their rugs from the same rug maker?????

My wife thinks Barr looks like:

FA81B9AD-C618-4143-8FE5-5C70C257DBDE.png

On a lighter note, how 'bout a blast from the past...  :rolleyes:

Note the boots!  :lol:

Archived