SASS Wire Forum

How about ordering Primers from UK (England)?

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

Been corresponding with a gun shop over there.  This is reply I got back when asking about 10K of primers 

Ok, We do have CCI Available at a base cost of £38.33/1000. Hazardous carriage will cost approx £800. The primers must be sent under licence to an FFL who is happy to accept for you, they must hold an import permit for the goods and able to collect from the airport upon arrival. I will provide a more detailed estimate for shipping upon firm order, please confirm closest airport for arrival.

You may apply for an import permit yourself to receive and we would then apply for an export permit for you directly, if you take this route our export permit could take 3-6 weeks and would add an additional £300 cost.

So the cheapest possible route would cost £1183.30/10,000 Primers as an estimate.

Regards
Matthew Wade
Director
Unit 8, Cleeve Mill Business Park
Newent, Glos. UK GL18 1EP

6 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

$155 per 1000 (per the conversion for this morning). Not cheap by any means.  Add to that cost for a FFL to pick up the freight at the airport...

Kinda took my breath away when the Haz Mat fee was listed.  Guy said most times it's for ordering hundreds of thousands of stuff.

5 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I only ever load using large pistol primers.  Earlier this year I acquired beasts eager to consume both 38spl and 9mm.  I think I picked the wrong year to start loading for calibers needing small pistol primers!  

dont feel bad i did the same - ill hold out and use my LPP as i have a lot of them , till i can get the SPP i need to move ahead , this will pass but we need to make do till it does , im not paying scalping prices to move ahead with a new set of guns that i didnt really need to start with - i am asking about and will grab up some primers if i can get the reasonable , 

i also have a bit of factory lead bullet ammo that came with the guns i can shoot till then , i do have brass/bullets/powder-just need primers 

8 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

I only ever load using large pistol primers.  Earlier this year I acquired beasts eager to consume both 38spl and 9mm.  I think I picked the wrong year to start loading for calibers needing small pistol primers!  

Yeah...I just caught the CAS bug a few months ago and it has been challenging to start up with the new .38 Special components...

WOW & I thought Aussie prices were outrageous !!! Presently for Federal large or small they are about $80 per 1,000 if you buy 5,000 or more, dearer if you buy less. Mind you that  is from the better priced shop, if you go to others it will be in the high 90's per 1,000. I stocked up 3 years back  $53 per 1,000 & still have around 50,000 left so will be right for a while.

Powder is another story, getting hard to get & prices are rising..again I stocked up !!

I would imagine even as I speak Primers will be getting hard to source.

44 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

WOW & I thought Aussie prices were outrageous !!! Presently for Federal large or small they are about $80 per 1,000 if you buy 5,000 or more, dearer if you buy less. Mind you that  is from the better priced shop, if you go to others it will be in the high 90's per 1,000. I stocked up 3 years back  $53 per 1,000 & still have around 50,000 left so will be right for a while.

Powder is another story, getting hard to get & prices are rising..again I stocked up !!

I would imagine even as I speak Primers will be getting hard to source.

We are OK for availability here (I am a bit down south from PM) for both primers and powder, but yes it is expensive here. I am paying the $90ish per 1000.

If you get stuck PM let me know and I will do a shop for you (but I cant deliver til you open that border:P)

Was too slow on some primers sold through my local gun club. By the time I saw the email, they were all gone! Rats!

I now work for a company that has little problem getting handloading components...Except primers. I'm told by our buyers that the earliest we will see any primers is February with somewhat normal supply in July. We have everything else, but without primers there's not much interest.

I may switch to C&B for next season to save on primers, I have a good supply of caps.

The election outcome may change the above forecast. The republic is in jeopardy, stay vigilant. 

On 10/15/2020 at 12:33 AM, Amigo said:

Yeah...I just caught the CAS bug a few months ago and it has been challenging to start up with the new .38 Special components...

You can use small rifle primers in place, of SP.

OLG 

Archived