SASS Wire Forum

Shooting at Night

The Bearded Wonder

I got in on one of the earliest night shoots at Norco with The Cowboys...must have been nearly fifteen years ago, maybe more....got a Dammit Gang badge to prove it.  What a hoot: one shot and the smoke, darkness and muzzle flashes pretty well ended everything but the fun.

4 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Where do you have that camera mounted...on a catcher’s mask? :lol:

It looks like a cage illuminated in the first shots. 

It was just on my hat, we were shooting through a window, I'll try to find a pic of it in the daylight

3 minutes ago, watab kid said:

sounds fun but im not sure most ranges allow it , i would give it a go if i find the opportunity 

Yeah. Ya kinda need your own range.

7 hours ago, The Bearded Wonder said:

It was just on my hat, we were shooting through a window, I'll try to find a pic of it in the daylight

Okay, that makes sense. :lol: Thanks. 

m

m

m

m

m            m            m

m         m         m

m     m      m

m m m

m

44-40

kR

Here ya go, a discussion on putting a tritium front sight on a vaquero, should work for Colts and for other clones. Pretty sure night sights and night vision scopes were pretty standard in the old west. Wonder what night vision scope would go best on an 1873 Winchester or Uberti.

https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/tritium-night-sights-on-a-vaquero-or-blackhawk.122129/

I recall some novel I read many many years back, where one of the characters was an old mountain man. He says his eyes weren't all that good to begin with, and they definitely weren't good at night. So he tied a white piece of cloth around the muzzle of his rifle just back of the front sight. He pointed that white blob in the direction of the bad guys.

He seemed to do better than the younger guys with good eyes.

To go along with what Utah Bob said, we did several BP night shoots to go along with our annual Revenge shoot. Was fun for sure. This is my 10ga sxs that I loaned to another shooter.

10ga BP Night Shoot.JPG

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Har. BP rules the night.

E5B87C8B-49EA-4E7E-8790-27F0ACDD0B39.jpeg

UB and I organized this shoot and gave out these pins to all the participants. So if you see one, you know where it came from. I wear mine to every shoot. These pins reside as far away as The Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand.

Archived