SASS Wire Forum

Two things:

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Years ago I told a guy I had two things.  He stated he'd wondered why my pants hung funny.

Anyway  Item #1: subway doesn't sell any roast beef anywhere in the country?  They must be crazy.  That's the only reason I ever went in there, but that was the only sandwich shop around after Blimpie's went under.  What am I gonna do?

Item #2: just got a brand new Ted Blocker holster for my RIA 1911.  The company has just been sold (Blocker hasn't owned it for quite a few years now) but the same quality is still there.  feels like I've been wearing it for years.  He used to be down he street a way from my office in San Dimas and I'd drop by from time to time just to smell the leather and see what they had that I couldn't live without.

(I met David Koresh not far from there.  His chapel was almost next door to my favorite toy train store.)

6 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Years ago I told a guy I had two things.  He stated he'd wondered why my pants hung funny.

Anyway  Item #1: subway doesn't sell any roast beef anywhere in the country?  They must be crazy.  That's the only reason I ever went in there, but that was the only sandwich shop around after Blimpie's went under.  What am I gonna do?

Item #2: just got a brand new Ted Blocker holster for my RIA 1911.  The company has just been sold (Blocker hasn't owned it for quite a few years now) but the same quality is still there.  feels like I've been wearing it for years.  He used to be down he street a way from my office in San Dimas and I'd drop by from time to time just to smell the leather and see what they had that I couldn't live without.

(I met David Koresh not far from there.  His chapel was almost next door to my favorite toy train store.)

Yep; roast beef and rotisserie chicken are both gone.  Supply issues?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/other/subway-faces-backlash-after-slashing-roast-beef-and-rotisserie-chicken-from-the-menu/ar-BB15zlqJ

LL

WOW, I hope its supply issues. 

41 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, I get rotisserie chicken at Fry's (Kroger stores) and they have roast beef in the butcher shop and the deli counter both.  Arbie's has roast beef and so do a couple of other lesser known places.  Rotisserie chicken is served at a few places around here.  Sprout's meat counter has both, but I can't afford them.  There's a fairly new Carniceria  a half mile down the road that has almost any kind of meat you could ask for including roast beef (in many styles) and Mexican rotisserie chicken cooked on the premises.

Looks like managerial suicide to me.

Hasn't been that long ago when a neighbor's sone who managed a Subway told me that about 75% of their sales had roast beef in them

2 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

ARBY'S HAS THE MEATS!

Arbie's here has not yet closed a shop.  Modified a few things, but it is still open.

AND we're supposed to be getting a Popeye's Cajun ( and plain) Fried Chicken store here.

Without roast beef and rotisserie chicken they're down to just ham and turkey, basically. Boring sandwiches. I haven't gone to a Subway since they got rid of roast beef. That's like McDonalds getting rid of beef and selling nothing but chicken and fish sandwiches.

I haven’t set foot in a Subway in years after I discovered Jimmy John’s. Then I discovered Jersey Mike’s and haven’t set foot in a Jimmy John’s in about 3 years. I also like Firehouse Subs. 

Forty Rod, you have a Firehouse Subs in Prescott Valley and a Jersey Mike’s in Prescott. Check them out. 

I love Jimmy Johns and like Pat Riot, I have avoided Subway since. There is a JJ in PV right by Walmart. I think they make their bread with cocaine because I can't get enough...which is now why I am on a diet and only getting their Unwich versions.

On 10/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Arbie's here has not yet closed a shop.  Modified a few things, but it is still open.

AND we're supposed to be getting a Popeye's Cajun ( and plain) Fried Chicken store here.

I like Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich.  As moist & tender & spicier than Chick-Fil-A.  I have to drive to the Legends shopping center in Sparks to get Popeyes or Chick-Fil-A.  They are a couple hundred feet from each other.

12 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Remember, Popeyes is as Cajun as Domino's is Italian.

It don't really matter if you like what's served!!  There is place in Nashville called Breaux if you want real cajun, but Popeye's is good for a spicy chicken meal!!

On 10/13/2020 at 7:26 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I haven’t set foot in a Subway in years after I discovered Jimmy John’s. Then I discovered Jersey Mike’s and haven’t set foot in a Jimmy John’s in about 3 years. I also like Firehouse Subs. 

Forty Rod, you have a Firehouse Subs in Prescott Valley and a Jersey Mike’s in Prescott. Check them out. 

Thanks.  You just saved me some time searching around.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:33 PM, Cholla said:

I love Jimmy Johns and like Pat Riot, I have avoided Subway since. There is a JJ in PV right by Walmart. I think they make their bread with cocaine because I can't get enough...which is now why I am on a diet and only getting their Unwich versions.

I'd almost as soon starve as go to Jimmy Johns.  The whole place has an atmosphere I can't deal with.  It's close, too.  About to blocks east of my place, but that still doesn't change my mind.

10 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

I like Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich.  As moist & tender & spicier than Chick-Fil-A.  I have to drive to the Legends shopping center in Sparks to get Popeyes or Chick-Fil-A.  They are a couple hundred feet from each other.

I can't stand Chick-Fia-A, either.  I do like their attitude about picketers, though.

Right now I have to make near 200 mile round trip to get Popeye;s, and I don't really like much that they have.....except for the chicken.  Love the spicy chicken.

10 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Remember, Popeyes is as Cajun as Domino's is Italian.

Next you'll be telling me that Chef Boyardee isn't Italian and Taco Bell isn't Mexican.  What's next, Panda Express isn't Chinese? :P :lol:

And how do you feel about Olive Garden?

1 minute ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I can't stand Chick-Fia-A, either.  I do like their attitude about picketers, though.

Right now I have to make near 200 mile round trip to get Popeye;s, and I don't really like much that they have.....except for the chicken.  Love the spicy chicken.

For me it is a 120 mile round trip.  Only eat there if I happen to be passing by on I80.  This year with COVID I have had two Popeyes spicy chicken sandwiches.

Just now, J.D. Daily said:

For me it is a 120 mile round trip.  Only eat there if I happen to be passing by on I80.  This year with COVID I have had two Popeyes spicy chicken sandwiches.

Only two? My God, son, you're gonna die if you don't get a fix soon.

27 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I liked Popeyes until they did away with their shrimp po-boy. I'm still mad at them.

Ted Blocker built both of our rigs.
I am pleased with the quality of their work.

Heart shaped conchos are no longer available.
Blocker used Montana Silversmiths for their supplier.. and they are not longer producing them.

On 10/13/2020 at 5:19 PM, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

ARBY'S HAS THE MEATS!

That is until you want a ham sandwich. Only one still on their menu is the little sliders. All the rest have been dropped. :(

On 10/13/2020 at 6:53 PM, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I wouldn’t call what Arby’s offers in my area roast beef. Not sure what it is. I think it was concocted in a lab.

The last time I ate an Arby's was last spring, and it nearly killed me (literally). I took a bite out of the sandwich and that slippery, slimy stuff they call roast beef slid right down into my windpipe. I was outside in their parking lot due to COVID and nobody else was around, and I had to bend over and try to keep calm as I slowly forced myself to cough/choke it back out. Obviously I was successful or else I wouldn't be typing this, but I'm too nervous to ever go back there again.

Try a #10 Hunter's Club from Jimmy John's, MUCH better than ANY roast beef sandwich that Subway ever offered.

Jimmy John's Hunters Club

Yours may not look exactly like the one above, but they are a tasty, substantial sub!

4 hours ago, bgavin said:

Ted Blocker built both of our rigs.
I am pleased with the quality of their work.

Heart shaped conchos are no longer available.
Blocker used Montana Silversmiths for their supplier.. and they are not longer producing them.

Contact The Cloak Drummer.  She may have heard shaped conchos.  I can't find her address,but she's at Winter Range every years so SASS may be able to help you out. If I can find it I'll let you know.

4 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Try a #10 Hunter's Club from Jimmy John's, MUCH better than ANY roast beef sandwich that Subway ever offered.

Jimmy John's Hunters Club

Yours may not look exactly like the one above, but they are a tasty, substantial sub!

I went over to JJ's and got one of those #19 hunter's club sandwiches.  Sorry, but I'm not impressed.

Archived