SASS Wire Forum

Kamala Harris Says She Might Confiscate 'As Many As 10 Million' Guns

Charlie T Waite

Democratic California Sen. Kamala Harris re-iterated her support for a mandatory gun buyback program Wednesday, saying a government under her leadership may confiscate “as many as 10 million” guns.

The 2020 presidential candidate was asked by MSNBC host Craig Melvin how she would get existing “assault weapons” off the streets, noting that the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban did not include a confiscation program. (RELATED: Bill Clinton Calls For Assault Weapons Ban To Be Reinstated)

“We have to have a buyback program,” Harris said. “I support a mandatory buyback program. It’s gotta be smart. We gotta do it the right way.”

Harris estimated that there are currently 5-10 million “assault weapons” in the U.S., but did not mention any specific type of firearm her administration would target. (RELATED: Kamala Harris Claims Colin Kaepernick Criticism Was Orchestrated By Russian Bots)

“There are five million at least, some estimate as many as 10 million,” Harris said. “We’re gonna have to have smart public policy that’s about taking those off the streets, but doing it in the right way.”

Harris is one of several Democratic presidential candidates to have endorsed a gun confiscation program. The freshman California senator told NBC’s Jimmy Fallon last month that she supported a “buy-back” program in order to get “weapons of war” off the streets.

“First of all, let’s be clear about what assault weapons are they have been designed to kill a lot of human beings quickly,” she said at the time. “They are weapons of war with no place on the streets of a civil society.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/03/kamala-harris-gun-confiscation-10-million/?fbclid=IwAR0DH2TPVlEaB8_F4vL_tlVtn0Rh3v5ZKCyK99LHsjss84DVC-FF6HQ9POQ

Getting these weapons off the streets? The only thing I see on streets are automobiles.

Weapons of war? I'm still trying to figure out which army uses semi automatic rifles.

People who own these weapons aren't going to give them up. Many of them not without a fight and that's going to get ugly.

What is the end game of the left? What and who are they willing to risk achieving their goals?

SO!! If she could manage to get 10 million guns out of the hands of the public, how does she propose to deal with the other 200 plus million???

1D10T!!!

22 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

SO!! If she could manage to get 10 million guns out of the hands of the public, how does she propose to deal with the other 200 plus million???

1D10T!!!

Probably more like 400 million. ;)

Anymore it's quite obvious that a politician who is anti 2nd Amendment is anti-American. Anti 2A is the 1st step toward dismantling America.

On 10/16/2020 at 10:00 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

How much are they offering?   $$$$$$$$$$$$$  Some of my "weapons of war" can be bought but they ain't cheap.

I might have a .22 that I will sell for $10,000. ;)

On 10/17/2020 at 7:03 AM, Moonshine 20515 said:

How can you "buy back" something you never owned?

Her proposal is wholesale confiscation; regardless of the price offered, plain pure and simple!

MS

Don't forget that Franklin Roosevelt made the ownership of gold illegal through an executive order.  People that held gold had to turn it in to the Federal Reserve or face fines and imprisonment.  The government did not own all the gold but they sure as heck took it away from everyone.

Archived