SASS Wire Forum

Whittlin', Expert Level

Subdeacon Joe

Joe,
That is fantastic work. Absolutely to be admired.

The best I can do is make something like this; 

E893CEF4-5A49-49C1-A46D-AF8AE47EA48A.thumb.jpeg.e478fe88458d6a8c55352dfa6cfc5678.jpeg

Look like this:

69F9627A-4CEE-49C9-B93D-B43F7D6183C0.thumb.jpeg.3b71fb1e387c600cfbc5155cbdf54a6d.jpeg

However, I enjoy the simple things in life so I am happy to make a few people smile. I gave the Santa ornaments to family last Christmas. 

As Pat Riot quotes, “A man’s got to know his limitations.” Further, “Don’t worry, be happy.”

CJ

Too often in society we judge a person's talent or intelligence by their ability to balance budgets or make discoveries in the lab. They often forget that the ability to do things with your hands is just as much a sign of intelligence as having a college degree. Unfortunately the people who can make or repair things have to be content with making meager salaries while those who have a diploma on the wall get the big bucks... even if they're not smart enough to figure out why their lawnmower won't start.

15 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Unbelievable.   Fantastic.   Extraordinary. 

Such a gift should bring him a lot of notoriety.

Heck, I have trouble whittling a tooth pick.

..........Widder

Start with a bigger piece of wood!

On 10/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Too often in society we judge a person's talent or intelligence by their ability to balance budgets or make discoveries in the lab. They often forget that the ability to do things with your hands is just as much a sign of intelligence as having a college degree. Unfortunately the people who can make or repair things have to be content with making meager salaries while those who have a diploma on the wall get the big bucks... even if they're not smart enough to figure out why their lawnmower won't start.

You should look into what a plumber, Electrician or HVAC Tech makes per hour.  Dang few college grads come close. And they don't have 6 figure student loans.

I have come to the realization that the reason college has been pushed so much in the last few years as it has become the mostly fool proof and exceptionally stealthy method for over throwing our democratic republic and replacing it with a malevolent government that will attempt to control every part of its subjects lives.

27 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

You should look into what a plumber, Electrician or HVAC Tech makes per hour.  Dang few college grads come close. And they don't have 6 figure student loans.

We all know how much they charge an hour, but do they really take that much home with them? I don't see many plumbers living in upscale neighborhoods and driving a Lexus. Heck, they can't even afford a belt for their pants! :wacko:

21 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

We all know how much they charge an hour, but do they really take that much home with them? I don't see many plumbers living in upscale neighborhoods and driving a Lexus. Heck, they can't even afford a belt for their pants! :wacko:

As for the cars and houses they are down to earth folks and live their lives accordingly saving their money for retirement. Unfortunately this frugalness gets carried a bit to far and we have to suffer their wardrobe choices. :P :D

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Yeah,  but a lot of 'em have nice boats, travel trailers, dirt bikes, and other nifty toys.  Maybe even a fancy cabin in the woods or by a lake.

Archived