SASS Wire Forum

Another "You Can't Fix Stupid" Thread

Subdeacon Joe

18-year-old driver racks up 2 misdemeanors, 4 points, and his vehicle towed all within in twenty minutes!

On the first encounter our officers stopped an 18-year-old driver for going 115 MPH and driving in a reckless manner on eastbound I-580, near Seminary Avenue. Officer Jimenez and Officer Lopez tried to get through to the youngster by citing him for the speed and chalking up the other bad driving habits as a teachable moment.

Fast forward only 20 minutes later and the same driver is stopped by the same officers at speeds near 100 MPH, weaving in/out of lanes, tailgating, and attempting to pass on the center-divide. Seeing the teachable moment was lost, the officers arrested the driver for Reckless Driving and towed his car.

#beteachable #eatyourhumblepie
#CHP375

121014821_1477383102460288_7485434539240257554_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Ip3ubgc-GNcAX8311cV&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=b469cc9b591405252c46adac35ddbfc3&oe=5FA8D32C

Been there, handed those and more out.  Got a guy ticketed 5 times in 55 minutes after he told me he was going to be speeding again within a mile of me letting him go.  Called ahead and advised my buddies about this genius.  Two State Troopers, a Deputy Sheriff and a Municipal Officer stopped him within that time.  Three aggravated speeding tickets (5 points each) 1 standard speeding (2 points) and one reckless driving (6 points).  Alabama suspends for 12 points.  

You CAN fix stupid!!

Doing so usually involves administering painful lessons to the stupid individual’s person or pocketbook!!

8 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

You CAN fix stupid!!

Doing so usually involves administering painful lessons to the stupid individual’s person or pocketbook!!

Nope.  They just keep being stupid, just with less expensive toys.

My Drill Sergeant in Basic Training, who at other times wasn't the type given to deep intellectual thinking, once said to me "ignorance is curable, stupidity is usually terminal."

42 minutes ago, DocWard said:

My Drill Sergeant in Basic Training, who at other times wasn't the type given to deep intellectual thinking, once said to me "ignorance is curable, stupidity is usually terminal."

Sage advise, Doc. :lol:

I stopped a kid doing 90mph in a 45 zone I had him call his mother and tell her what he did. Mom asked me to wait until she got there. Both parents showed up and thanked me. Dad immediately took out his knife and cut the kids license into pieces and took his keys. I never saw the kid who was local driving again

28 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Eejit needs to lose his license.

I’ve sat in traffic court with multiple miscreants who had lost their licenses some time before. And that wasn’t even close to being the first time they were charged with driving without a license. It’s not a deterrent. 

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

If there is a brain.

Yep.  There are those that a shot to the head is only a flesh wound.  

23 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Yep.  There are those that a shot to the head is only a flesh wound.  

I love this!!! I'm going to be using this from now on!!:lol:

For some it's tally sheet. We have a local that gets upwards of 20-25 Drunk driving on a suspended license every year. He goes to court and pleads brain trauma and they drop all charges. He goes out to his car at the court and drives home stopping only to sell heroin and then return to court to get more charges dropped. I'd hate to be the Cops in this area, just wasting their time so the courts can let him go. Earlier this year he got bagged in Boston, Ma. transporting illegal weapons. Seems nobody got a warrant, he's back in town!!

Archived