SASS Wire Forum

Moderator Please Help

Santa Fe River Stan,36999L

Problem listed below has been solved! I was listed as a "TG" only and not as a "Member"! Once that designation was added the issue went away! Thank You Eliphalet R. Moderator!!!!

Whenever I click on ANY attachment I get this

image.thumb.png.ac51fc31a02d92640dd871313933a490.png

for example I clicked on this in the SE Regional Thread and I got the error above

image.thumb.png.d89a09b5405554c03a86ca8d67336d81.png

Please help.....

Stan

I get the same thing Stan and I reboot my computer pretty regularly. I also notice that the attachment says unavailable under it.

Probably cant make a post if I am not signed on either so figuring we are signed in. On the other hand it probably would not hurt to sign out and sign back in to see if that makes a difference.

It's the North Koreans messing with you. You're a test. If they can get you to go crazy they'll go on to the rest of us. Fight it.

Stan,

Try this and see if it works.

ALP_CAT3_Ambush 2020-1.pdf

This should directly download the .PDF to your browser.  If that doesn't work, try opening it with Adobe Reader.  If that works, it is possibly either your browser setting or your firewall if you have one.  I have the same problem at the office for some "Gun Related" websites.

Dogmeat

13 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

Stan,

Try this and see if it works.

ALP_CAT3_Ambush 2020-1.pdfUnavailable

This should directly download the .PDF to your browser.  If that doesn't work, try opening it with Adobe Reader.  If that works, it is possibly either your browser setting or your firewall if you have one.  I have the same problem at the office for some "Gun Related" websites.

Dogmeat

Nope i get the same error message!

Stan

it is because your permissions are messed up because of your elevated roles. Mine were the same way. A moderator will have to fix them.

They will make you a member first, then add TG and/or RO instructor later.

I went through this earlier:

34 minutes ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

I just reported my post.....maybe a moderator or admin will read it and figure out what's wrong.

Stan

Very strange indeed.  I can see the .PDF even if I click on the link that was sent to me by SASS notifying me of your response.

Were you trying to view it using Adobe Reader or through your browser?  What I posted was the actual .PDF, not a link to the web-page, as I went ahead uploaded it to the SASS Wire.  That would tend to imply that the issue is with whatever platform you are using to attempt to view it.

Just one other thought.  See if you can access it from your phone browser.  If you can, then it would seem that it is your computer browser (or Adobe) settings or vice-versa.

Best of luck.  I it will be interesting to hear what the final resolution is when you get this solved.

1 hour ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

More information would be required by the help desk.  Sent you a PM

It did not work for me until I signed in. After that, I could see the PDF.

Lucky

I have experienced that issue in the past and had considered it, but in order for him to post his statement to the wire, he had to be logged in.

Like I said, be interesting to hear the resolution.

Damned Confusers!  :lol:

21 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I get the same thing Stan and I reboot my computer pretty regularly. I also notice that the attachment says unavailable under it.

My problem has been solved and I told the moderator you and Billy Boots probably suffered from the same malady!

Stan

I have the same problem. Maybe the moderators can fix it for me.

Hopefully they can leave the TG and RO instructor designations as well.

Marshal Stone

1 hour ago, Marshal Stone, SASS #53366 said:

I have the same problem. Maybe the moderators can fix it for me.

Hopefully they can leave the TG and RO instructor designations as well.

Marshal Stone

Hopefully some moderator can take a look at and fix the group permissions in addition to your individual permissions, and then find all members of those groups to fix them individually if a group permission change does not fix all the current individuals in each of the groups; and be done with the problem for future members of the groups.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Santa Fe River Stan, thanks very much, . Fixed me right up.

Much better for me also.  
Thanks a bunch Stan.

Looks like it was a setting that affected the TG's by all of us that it fixed.

Thanks to the moderator that figured it out.

I can't view it either. My wife, which is computer savvy, set here for an hour last night and couldn't get it to load. Need help.

Archived