SASS Wire Forum

What would you consider a good trade?

Owen No One

We have a partner with 7000 Small pistols primers 4000 of them are Winchester the rest are Tula. He’s interested in trading for factory ammo we have 9mm, 223, and some 45 but this is née waters for us. So what’s your call on the trade amounts?

Seems NORMAL price for the primers is $30ish per 1000.

Wouldn't expect folks in the cowboy community to try and gouge for anything more than normal retail value.

1 minute ago, Chertrock Chuck said:

Wouldn't expect folks in the cowboy community to try and gouge for anything more than normal retail value.

AS long as the ammo is normal price also.

Pick a retailer, MidwayUSA, Natchez, Brownells, whoever.  Just as long as they carry the primers and ammo on the trading block.  No matter if they are out of stock, cuz they are most likely, as long as they list prices.

Then assign values to the ammo and primers and trade accordingly.

Easy peasy.

3 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’d look for fair trade prices.  I’ve seen some folks looking for $7.00+ for one used brass SG shell now that’s what I call price gouging.

Think I may have seen that ad also and found myself wondering what made them so special lol

1 hour ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

Think I may have seen that ad also and found myself wondering what made them so special lol

Well, those are headstamped Winchester and so are antiques and collectible.   How collectible?  Depends! :D

I would trade even steven to a friend or cas club member using pre covid prices but what would cause the values to get lopsided would be how bad does the one trader want what the other one had. If I was about out of LP primers I might need to sweeten the pot a little or a lot to make the trade work. Good luck. I’ve got a 21 year old unemployed grandson living with me that I might trade for some cci LP primers. All trades final! 

I'll take all you can find for $30.00 a brick.  The going price now is $38 - $42 depending on your reloading supplier ... If They Have Them

On 10/12/2020 at 3:47 PM, John Boy said:

I'll take all you can find for $30.00 a brick.  The going price now is $38 - $42 depending on your reloading supplier ... If They Have Them

As you quoted, I estimated cost at $30ISH.

That would be $30-$39.99 per 1000.

I too would take some or any at that price right now.
;)

I got a nice 410 over/under for my second wife. I thought that was a pretty good trade.

Sorry, could not help myself.

I bought a nice Fox B 12 ga double bbl for my future father in-law, a dowery I guess. Kept my wonderful wife for 42 very good years and got the Fox back when he passed. A good trade. Still have the Fox but miss my gal everyday. 

Archived