SASS Wire Forum

re-loading re-start

Nugget Joe

When you can score 4K of Federal small pistol primers, THAT will be a real sign we are getting to normal again.

GJ

On 10/11/2020 at 5:00 PM, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

There's more to it than just panic buying. Has to be.

If you were a mfr and people were going crazy buying your product, wouldn't ramp up production? More revenue...

I have a hard time believing it's just panic creating the shortage... who knows?

I think you might right.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 12:04 PM, Tequila Shooter said:

Let’s all just hope the wait is only months not years.

Back when we had the shortages after the Sandy Hook shootings in 2012, it took over a year for the primer inventory to start coming back and almost 3 years for 22 ammo to be found consistently on shelves. I sure hope you are right, but I fear this will be a long dry spell like back then.

I'm frustrated at the shortage - but a part of my heart smiles that people across America are rekindling their relationship with the second amendment.   They are seeing that it isn't just about duck hunting or shooting clay pigeons.  People all over are starting to notice that the person with primary responsibility for a safe and secure environment is the individual. 

not the government

not the police

the last six month have proven that neither are best suited to care for the individual.

I dont want to be "low" any more than the next cowpoke - but I'm glad people are starting to sit up and take notice.

Hopefully it isnt too little too late.

21 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I was working at Texas Instruments Custom Manufacturing back when they started implementing the JIT (Just In Time) practices.   Great in theory, but even in "normal situations" there are must too many things that can cause delays.  I liked to call it JMI (Just Missed It).

Or as Maxwell Smart said, "Missed it by That much!"

The manufacturers also learned from previous "panic buying."

They were encouraged to add capacity as well as adding workers.  But the "push" was only temporary so the extra cost was not readily recouped.

They can add more shifts, but they still need to recoup  the training and personnel costs.  So most are working at full capacity knowing/hoping that this will once again pass and they will eventually catch up. 

With the added fear that if the Left (democrats) win, they may likely be shut down.  :(

If it helps I’m willing to work for primers at any of the manufactures.  I think at least 1,000 per day would be the minimum I’d take, paid weekly, and I’d work for at least 3 months.   

7 hours ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

The manufacturers also learned from previous "panic buying."

They were encouraged to add capacity as well as adding workers.  But the "push" was only temporary so the extra cost was not readily recouped.

They can add more shifts, but they still need to recoup  the training and personnel costs.  So most are working at full capacity knowing/hoping that this will once again pass and they will eventually catch up. 

With the added fear that if the Left (democrats) win, they may likely be shut down.  :(

and this covid crap has reduced work forces and restricted employment from the normal options , 

locally we have NAZIs that call in to report any business that is violating the governors protocol and the AG is sending out gestapo to shut you down , 

Archived