SASS Wire Forum

Things that make ya feel old

Raylan

I feel old this morning.  I just realized that someone who was born the year I graduated from high school just turned 51.  :huh:

I wonder if that young lady above would buy me a cup o' coffee.  Or a martini...  :blush:

9 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I feel old this morning.  I just realized that someone who was born the year I graduated from high school just turned 51.  :huh:

I know the feeling. Our first daughter, who was born while we were 19, turns 53 in a month!

I don't know. She's cute, but there's so many things wrong with it.

The rifle. We'll start with that . then we'll go to the combat Tupperware stuffed in her waistband. The tactical beer bottle opener hung around her neck. The Paracord bracelet she's wearing because you never know when you're going to need 15 ft of shroudline. The metal doodad stuck in her belly button. That's a major turn off. And then we have her using the American flag for underwear. Or is that supposed to be a swimsuit? Either way it's just wrong.

Hell, everything makes me feel old.

Except Bourbon. :P

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The rifle. We'll start with that . then we'll go to the combat Tupperware stuffed in her waistband. The tactical beer bottle opener hung around her neck. The Paracord bracelet she's wearing because you never know when you're going to need 15 ft of shroudline. The metal doodad stuck in her belly button. That's a major turn off. And then we have her using the American flag for underwear. Or is that supposed to be a swimsuit? Either way it's just wrong.

..... didn't see any of that. ........ maybe I should keep looking .........  :wub:

I don’t have a problem with the bikini top. It’s Not a flag.

I felt a lot less old when some of the young folks at our show last night came up after the third set and said they were headed home ‘cause they were “tired”!!

I must be old, I looked to make sure she was wearing holsters, 'cuz safe gun practices.

Had to look really close, but she has each handgun in a proper holster.

I must also be a perv for looking that closely.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Dang, Boy... you shore be picky in your old age!   :lol:

21 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I must be old, I looked to make sure she was wearing holsters, 'cuz safe gun practices.

Had to look really close, but she has each handgun in a proper holster.

I must also be a perv for looking that closely.

Well if’n you were checking for derringers under the Stars and Stripes....

Is that one on her left a gun? The one on her right is obviously plastic fantastic of some sort. And it's in a green kydex holster. The one on her left is in the shade, and all I can tell is that it's black. I'm not even sure if that's the back of a slide that I am seeing, or possibly the base plate of a magazine.

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Our sons are 48 and 50. 

Mine are 52 and 50!! 

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Is that one on her left a gun? The one on her right is obviously plastic fantastic of some sort. And it's in a green kydex holster. The one on her left is in the shade, and all I can tell is that it's black. I'm not even sure if that's the back of a slide that I am seeing, or possibly the base plate of a magazine.

She has guns??:P

44 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Well if’n you were checking for derringers under the Stars and Stripes....

Derringers? Scrolled up and looked, I don't see any. But did notice the cool necklace this time.

And my lady is laughing at me.

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... didn't see any of that. ........ maybe I should keep looking .........  :wub:

Don't strain your eyes, Wallaby. Blindness is a possibility. 

39 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I remember when baseball managers were older than me, now they’re my sons ages!!

I used to feel old because the son of a guy I watched play in the minors was a retired major major player and current major league manager. Now I really feel ancient because he’s now retired from managing!  

Seamus

A dear couple brought home their twins, just over two decades ago.

I well remember laughing at the warranty stickers on those two cute little moons under their hospital issue diapers.

Last month, on a lovely sunny afternoon, I performed the wedding of the female half of that pair ... ooold ... yes, I feel old ...

The little girl of similar vintage, another friend's daughter, is now graduated from high school, halfway through college, and is a published author.

Between my ears I am still eighteen.

My aging carcass ... ain't.

2 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Don't strain your eyes, Wallaby. Blindness is a possibility. 

What is he doing while he's straining his eyes?!?

My 24year old second granddaughter, the second daughter of my 51-year-old second daughter, who in turn was born when I was 21, last night with her husband announced that she was expecting our first great-grandchild, and her folks' first grandchild.

Makes me know I'm old; but these things make me know why, too. Could we not grow old, nobody could be young.

Archived