SASS Wire Forum

HUH! Tomorrow is kinda interesting.

55 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

According to my on line calendar, tomorrow,  10/12/2020, is both Columbus Day and Indigenous People Day. 

And we also get a Blue Moon.

October seems to be special. 

I can get Blue Moon at the liquor store any time of year. :D

7 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

According to my on line calendar, tomorrow,  10/12/2020, is both Columbus Day and Indigenous People Day. 

And we also get a Blue Moon.

October seems to be special. 

Is this going to constitute another Federal holiday so I cant' get my mail delivered?  Seems they have one every two or three weeks any more.

I was just amazed to discover that this year Columbus Day is actually on Columbus Day.

Usually it would be on the 11th or the 14th or some idiotic day like that.

When I was in 7th grade I found out that Columbus never set foot on our shores. All he did was discover the Caribbean islands. Ever since then I haven’t paid much attention to Columbus Day.

41 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Is this going to constitute another Federal holiday so I cant' get my mail delivered?  Seems they have one every two or three weeks any more.

I think I will write PATTY MURRAY AND MARIE CANTWELL, and petition them to submit NATIONAL PI$$ OFF FORTY ROD DAY.

But not to worry Forty Rod, they never pay attention to anything I have to say. 

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Happy indigenous people day! : TheRightCantMeme

politics christopher columbus Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

WE'd turn over their outdoor toiolet

It's also the first day of the Senate hearings for Amy Coney Barrett to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court  Oh joy, I can hear the hysteria now.

"..........I can get Blue Moon at the liquor store any time of year. :D........"  

picked up some today , i never thought much of columbus for the reasons Utah Bob mentioned , much ado about nothing in my mind 

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

When I was in 7th grade I found out that Columbus never set foot on our shores. All he did was discover the Caribbean islands. Ever since then I haven’t paid much attention to Columbus Day.

I don't remember when I stopped believing that Columbus was much to crow about.  It was about the same time that I discovered that Irish fishermen had been fishing of the New England coast for about four hundred years before Columbus was born

Columbus was also the first person to discover this land that was actually recognized by a major country at the time, Spain and the Queen of Spain financed his trip.

He's also Italian and in the Italian community he is looked up to.;)

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Christopher-Columbus/The-first-voyage

14 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yes. And this means my sister's birthday card will be late. :(

On the other hand the Spanish Conquistadors and the Catholic Church killed millions of Indigenous people. Directly or indirectly from European diseases. But that OK. Columbus Day needs to go away. The entire world knows the Vikings discovered the America's. Before that, whatever you want to call the people who came over the land bridge from Russia to populate the Americas. Human sacrifice vs. the Inquisition humm about the same I'd say.

Archived