SASS Wire Forum

Thanks USPS, grrrr

Rye Miles #13621

So I mailed a birthday card to my son on Tuesday, he lives 30 miles away in the same county. His birthday was Saturday. He still hasn't got it as of today! (Sunday)

Should I be worried? There's a check in there!!:angry:

USPS is terrible!! 

It has deteriorated since DeJoy took over. :angry:

Yeah, CoVid has nothing to do with it...

Give a government worker an excuse not to work and miracles of dumbassery and glacier speed accomplishments abound. 

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, CoVid has nothing to do with it...

Give a government worker an excuse not to work and miracles of dumbassery and glacier speed accomplishments abound. 

You can blame it on the govt workers but I talked to our local lady who runs the little post office. She’s beside herself with the budget and personnel cuts and stupid memos coming from DC. 

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You can blame it on the govt workers but I talked to our local lady who runs the little post office. She’s beside herself with the budget and personnel cuts and stupid memos coming from DC. 

Interesting. Thanks. By me the postal workers did a slow down because overtime vanished. Mail would get diverted for no apparent reason other than to get it out of their facility. 

As normal USPS service between Utah and Alaska is alive and well.

I went to the local USPS and bought some money orders to pay 2 bills. One went to Chicago, sent it 2nd day with tracking to make sure it got there on time. The Second  when to the garbage man and his po box was in the post office about 15 feet from the counter. I told the lady I would put a regular stamp on it as it should be there for him to pick tomorrow as that was the due date on the bill. She said it would take 3-5 days with a regular stamp as it had to go to St Louis to be sorted and postmarked and then trucked back to them so they could sort the bundle and put it in his box. I told her it was due tomorrow and wasn't that a bit excessive? She stated that is the rules and they have to follow them or they would be in trouble. I stated that it would be nice if he got the bill today or or it would be there for him to pickup tomorrow and she kinda shrugged and smiled. As I walked away I saw her get out her hand stamp and cancel the stamp and walk to the other side of the wall where his PO box was located. I think she may have been a bit frustrated with the rules herself.

Don't worry, your mail will get there someday, maybe, hopefully before his next birthday.:D

Anything I need delivered that is important I use priority mail. At least I can track it and it gets there in a timely manner for only $8.00.

OveralI, I can say that I’ve been more satisfied with the Postal Service over the years than with UPS, FEDEX, DHL Both for price and speed.

41 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

OveralI, I can say that I’ve been more satisfied with the Postal Service over the years than with UPS, FEDEX, DHL Both for price and speed.

I've had the best luck with FedEx and UPS, the Post Office sucks!

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So I mailed a birthday card to my son on Tuesday, he lives 30 miles away in the same county. His birthday was Saturday. He still hasn't got it as of today! (Sunday)

USPS is terrible!! 

Perhaps your postman is frightened by the Gloom of Night?

Seamus

I mailed a package via USPS Priority Express in April 2020 and it delivered October 6, 2020. I'm just glad I used "Express" or it may still be sitting someplace. Phew!!! :angry: 

Please send me a check for the same amount and I'll see that he gets it.:P

48 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Please send me a check for the same amount and I'll see that he gets it.:P

It’s in the mail!!:P

22 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

USPS is terrible!! 

A number of years back, I mailed my paycheck stub to myself to see how long it would take to go three miles.  Took two weeks.

What makes USPS look stellar?  The time it takes for a bubble envelope to arrive to the daughter in Togo West Africa.  And the Togo Post Master claiming it isn't there when the daughter can plainly see it from her side of the counter.

Archived