SASS Wire Forum

I voted

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Ballot came today.  I got home this evening and voted.  I'll take it to the drop point  on Monday.

Most of the non-federal offices had NO Democrat contenders, just Republican and "write in" spaces.  One or two exceptions.

I did something that a swore once upon a time that I  do:  I voted for a Vietnamese gentleman.  He is far and away the best choice.

I got my absentee ballot on Saturday, filled it out and took it Sunday to the drop off Board of Elections place. There were quite a few people there, people working there took your ballot and dropped it in for you. Never got out of my car! 

Ours came by UPS yesterday. As with all our mail since the virus hit, we leave it in a safe place for three days before handling it.  So that means it will be Tuesday.  Meantime, wife and I will study the local and state issues in the Blue Book.  I know how I will vote on most of them, but there is one proposition on the Colorado ballot that I am undecided about: Should Gray Wolves be reintroduced into Colorado?  Pro: They could be useful in reducing deer and elk herds that have grown excessively, especially in Northwest corner of the state.  We have been having problems with chronic wasting disease in both species.  Con: Farmers and ranchers are worried wolves would go after their calves and lambs (for which the state would compensate them).  Fact: There already appear to be one or two wolf packs in the area that drifted down from Wyoming.

I know, I know, not supposed to get political on this forum.

5 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Ours came by UPS yesterday. As with all our mail since the virus hit, we leave it in a safe place for three days before handling it.  So that means it will be Tuesday.  Meantime, wife and I will study the local and state issues in the Blue Book.  I know how I will vote on most of them, but there is one proposition on the Colorado ballot that I am undecided about: Should Gray Wolves be reintroduced into Colorado?  Pro: They could be useful in reducing deer and elk herds that have grown excessively, especially in Northwest corner of the state.  We have been having problems with chronic wasting disease in both species.  Con: Farmers and ranchers are worried wolves would go after their calves and lambs (for which the state would compensate them).  Fact: There already appear to be one or two wolf packs in the area that drifted down from Wyoming.

Wolves' Lives Matter!  :rolleyes:

Wolves were shot and trapped out of the 48 for one reason they can't get along with people and what people bring with them.  As for government compensation, that hasn't worked for the last 150 years.  Historically compensation has been very political and/or linked to some personality.  Once they get what they want then the rules change and the compensation gets harder and harder to access. 

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Generally I vote no on nearly every dang proposition and amendment on the ballot. 

7 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Generally I vote no on nearly every dang proposition and amendment on the ballot. 

Me too.  If government worked the way it's suppose to (or at all) they wouldn't need any more money.  They waste enough to make every man, woman, and child in this country a millionaire several times over.

10 hours ago, twelve mile REB said:

Wolves were shot and trapped out of the 48 for one reason they can't get along with people and what people bring with them.  As for government compensation, that hasn't worked for the last 150 years.  Historically compensation has been very political and/or linked to some personality.  Once they get what they want then the rules change and the compensation gets harder and harder to access. 

well they are back in this one of the 48 and have been an issue ever since , 

We filled ours out over the weekend, will drop today (Monday) at the collection box inside a gov't building.
We voted NO on every CA proposition.

#22 started out with promise, but has a wolf in sheep's clothing.
They want to restore some of the penalties from Prop 47 that made it no longer a crime for bad checks, ID theft or sex trafficking.

The wolf:  they slipped in making the LGBTQWTF people a protected species.
Any assaults (or bad language) against this protected species would be prosecuted as a "hate crime."

Nope.
No thank you.
This is not equal protection under the law.

#15 is the 800 pound gorilla in the room:  repeal of Prop13 commercial property tax protections.
This is a $12 billion tax increase, that will radically increase the cost of goods and services in commercial properties.
Including apartment rents.

We voted NO on everything except #22 which allows the Uber/Lyft people to return to working as 1099.
Every driver I canvassed told me they want 1099.
CA State wants W2 for more tax collections.

23 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

No on this one for sure. I am a hunter and we have lots of big game animals to hunt and fill our freezers with safe and great eating protein. In Colorado, public lands have grazing permits with ranchers so their beef and sheep can graze (for a fee) on public land. If the wolves are reintroduced, this will all change. I've hunted the Teton Wilderness next to Yellowstone NP and the big game has almost disappeared because of the wolves and grizzlies. We definately don't need this situation in Colorado. If the wolves naturally migrate to Colorado, so be it. We always have SSS.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I got my absentee ballot on Saturday, filled it out and took it Sunday to the drop off Board of Elections place. There were quite a few people there, people working there took your ballot and dropped it in for you. Never got out of my car! 

You know they took it, and changed it to all D right?

Archived